Sniper Elite 3 'may run a little slower on Xbox One' than PS4

#1sabrestormPosted 2/7/2014 11:22:54 AM
why do we keep getting shafted!???? i am tired of dev's not using our console's full power. whats up with that?

In an interview with Gaming Bolt, senior producer Jean-Baptiste Bolcato revealed that Rebellion was aiming to get "as close as possible to 60 frames per second on both the systems.

"It will probably be closer to 60 on the PS4 but it drops to around 40 and 50, but you won't really feel or notice it," he said. "It may be a little bit slower on Xbox One but we are hoping to have full [parity] between the two machines."

The Xbox One won't feature support for stereoscopic 3D either, Bolcato said, "as they do not support it yet".

Bolcato's comments round off another bad week for Microsoft that has already seen Hideo Kojima reveal that the Xbox One version of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes won't look quite as good as the PS4 version.

Sniper Elite 3 launches on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC in the second half of 2014.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/sniper_elite_3/news/sniper_elite_3_may_run_a_little_slower_on_xbox_one_than_ps4.html
#2DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/7/2014 11:25:06 AM
Uh, because the Xbone is considerably weaker. You can't play Halo 4 on Wii can you?
---
Stay on topic. The topic is not me.
Troll elsewhere.
#3JohnWall32Posted 2/7/2014 11:28:11 AM
lol...so glad i did a 180 right before these consoles came out...i almost bought an x1...whew
---
Board User Level: Legend
#4sabrestorm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 11:31:19 AM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Uh, because the Xbone is considerably weaker. You can't play Halo 4 on Wii can you?

the ps4 and the xbox 1 are so close in power it doesnt matter. xbox 1 has the power to play any game in 1080p and 60fps, but the devs keep shafting us. i am starting to think the devs hate us.
#5EllesarienPosted 2/7/2014 11:33:19 AM
JohnWall32 posted...
lol...so glad i did a 180 right before these consoles came out...i almost bought an x1...whew

How long do you think it will be until you no longer need to point this out weekly?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#6JohnWall32Posted 2/7/2014 11:34:02 AM
sabrestorm posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

the ps4 and the xbox 1 are so close in power it doesnt matter. xbox 1 has the power to play any game in 1080p and 60fps, but the devs keep shafting us. i am starting to think the devs hate us.

you're in denial bruh
---
Board User Level: Legend
#7sabrestorm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 11:34:27 AM
Ellesarien posted...
JohnWall32 posted...

How long do you think it will be until you no longer need to point this out weekly?

probably another year for him
#8ILikeGamesManPosted 2/7/2014 11:35:14 AM
JohnWall32 posted...

So you went and purchased a PS4 I guess? So wait, why are you here then?
#9Viet0nePosted 2/7/2014 11:36:46 AM
sabrestorm posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

PS4 has a significantly better GPU. The difference is still more than 40%. There is no such thing as "close in power" when the GPU differences are significant.

The chances of the Xbox One having parity in performance with the PS4 is the same as an AMD 260 GPU having parity of performance with an AMD 270 GPU. Never going to happen.

Developers can optimize for the Xbox One all they want to. Even at 100% performance of the Xbox One, it still won't perform at the same level of a PS4 operating at 80%.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#10JohnWall32Posted 2/7/2014 11:37:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]