Upcoming Titanfall Beta Features Anti-Cheat System

#1Dev445Posted 2/7/2014 8:41:15 PM
by Ben Reeves

Dealing with online cheaters and game hackers is an ongoing battle, but Respawn has a few tricks up its sleeve. The company will be rolling out an anti-cheat system along with a new build of the game when the Titanfall beta hits later this month.

According to a tweet from Respawn's community manager Abbie Heppe, the developer will be testing out their anti-cheat system during the beta. Titanfall producer Drew McCoy also clarified that the beta is a completely new build of the game. For the full scoop on Titanfall's development, check out our cover hub:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/07/upcoming-titanfall-beta-features-anti-cheat-system.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2zerooo0Posted 2/7/2014 8:47:32 PM
It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I wouldn't mind if they did a "Go to Jail" system similar to KI, or at least a modified version for the cheaters.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#3Lawboy2Posted 2/7/2014 8:49:46 PM
Is this more for PC...how do you cheat on console
#4Robin_MaskPosted 2/7/2014 8:51:35 PM
Lawboy2 posted...

Ever play the older CODs? Ever played lots of custom lobbies in Halo 2?
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#5TBONE_OGPosted 2/7/2014 8:52:33 PM
Lawboy2 posted...

Ask the people who glitched/modded COD MW2 and WaW.
---
Always O.G.
#6Lawboy2Posted 2/7/2014 8:55:27 PM
I've played all of COD, HALO, GOW....the only time experienced cheating on console was in gears 2 when ppl were lag switching but thy was fixed long time ago
#7Robin_MaskPosted 2/7/2014 8:58:31 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
I've played all of COD, HALO, GOW....the only time experienced cheating on console was in gears 2 when ppl were lag switching but thy was fixed long time ago

No, play the older COD games now, MW2 had lots of cheating lobbies way before the game became "old" also. Don't ignore when the facts are right there.
---
#8Lawboy2Posted 2/7/2014 9:06:41 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

No, play the older COD games now, MW2 had lots of cheating lobbies way before the game became "old" also. Don't ignore when the facts are right there.

Explain to me this cheating...I played MW2....I just said that....I've played all the COD
#9PlzstopflamingPosted 2/7/2014 9:09:43 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

Explain to me this cheating...I played MW2....I just said that....I've played all the COD

MW2 was famous for the care package glitch allowing you to have infinite care packages in a match.
#10Robin_MaskPosted 2/7/2014 9:10:16 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

Wow, so you never got into ANY of the cheating lobbies or even got a message or read of a lobby in a regular match that had rapid fire grenade launchers/killstreaks and infinite ammo?
---