How come Outlast isn't on Xbone?

#21RybalPosted 2/11/2014 10:47:01 AM
I'm guessing that, because the initial contracts would have been written prior to MS's reversals regarding indies, it was originally expected to be exclusive.

Once MS changed course, the devs could work out a contract with MS, but wouldn't have wanted to delay their product on the PS4 out of concern for breach of contract.

6 months to a year is my expectation.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#22DolobillPosted 2/13/2014 11:18:50 AM
Have any indie games been released on Xbox One yet? It seems like MS still doesn't have their self-publishing distribution system in place yet.
#23Exodus_PrimePosted 2/13/2014 11:21:51 AM
Sony paid to port it from PC, just like it did with Warframe,Planet Side, Dc online. Xcept Warframe/ Outlast will eventually show up on the Xbone.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#24DolobillPosted 2/13/2014 11:25:52 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Sony paid to port it from PC, just like it did with Warframe,Planet Side, Dc online. Xcept Warframe/ Outlast will eventually show up on the Xbone.

I don't recall seeing any indication that Warframe or Outlast were paid for by Sony, so provide a quote if you can. As for Planetside and DC Online... those games were already developed by Sony, even on PC. They're first-party games.
#25Exodus_PrimePosted 2/13/2014 11:34:11 AM
Dolobill posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

I don't recall seeing any indication that Warframe or Outlast were paid for by Sony, so provide a quote if you can. As for Planetside and DC Online... those games were already developed by Sony, even on PC. They're first-party games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/28/how-sony-wooed-warframe-onto-ps4

That much is clear when I ask Sinclair about whether he’d consider bringing Warframe to Xbox One. As it currently stands, Warframe is only a timed exclusive on the PS4. But while Digital Extremes would certainly consider porting to Xbox One if Microsoft approached the studio, Sinclair admits that he personally would prefer it if the PlayStation 4 remained the only console on which we can play the sci-fi shooter

“Speaking frankly, hopefully we do so awesome on PlayStation 4 that Sony’s just like ‘we want to scratch your back and make sure you’re exclusive to us’, but right now, it’s a timed exclusive,” he explained.

---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#26DolobillPosted 2/13/2014 11:43:15 AM
Ah, good find. Cheers.
#27TauriLeaderPosted 2/13/2014 11:51:57 AM
It might appear later in the year. It depends on Microsoft bending it own publishing rules.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#28RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/13/2014 1:07:37 PM
Geist posted...
I doubt you really care TC.

This, and my ignore list keeps growing
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Te7qOd5Go
#29DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/13/2014 1:08:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30JohnWall32Posted 2/13/2014 1:09:34 PM
not sure but i heard the game would have been 360p and 15 fps on x1 so the developers said no
---
Board User Level: Legend