What's up with the huge and ugly power brick?

#71SomboSteelPosted 2/9/2014 1:14:47 PM
BestMultiplats posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Name

BestMultiplats

User ID

Board User Level

-1: Suspended
User's posting privileges have been suspended for one or more Terms of Service violations, pending review by an Administrator.

LOL that was quick
#72ish0turfac3Posted 2/9/2014 1:50:48 PM
joeskeletor posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
AftComet posted...
I don't understand why a console that's already a monstrous size needs to have a giant power brick. How is it that the PS4 can pack faster hardware AND a power brick into a console half the size of an Xbox One.

Pretty bad engineering on MS's part.

It's to keep the system cool so it will last longer, PS4 runs much hotter if you bothered to even check.

It's just a power brick, why are all the worrying over it, stick it somewhere and forget it, it's not a big issue.

Ps4 runs slightly more hotter maxing at 140 degrees laying down xbox negates over heating by under clocking its cpu and using external power source further making the XB1 weaker than the PS4.

Uh, no it doesnt

Xbox one while gaming, 49C http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-hardware-test
Ps4 while gaming 44C http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hardware-test-playstation-4
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#73ish0turfac3Posted 2/9/2014 1:52:59 PM
CapwnD posted...
AftComet posted...
I don't understand why a console that's already a monstrous size needs to have a giant power brick. How is it that the PS4 can pack faster hardware AND a power brick into a console half the size of an Xbox One.

Pretty bad engineering on MS's part.

I wish my PS4 was as quiet as my Xbox One. Pretty bad engineering on Sony's part.

My ps4 is as silent as a mouse even when gaming.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)