Minimal hype for The Witcher 3, why is that?

#1Jedi454Posted 2/9/2014 4:34:51 AM
This game will probably win a lot of Game of the year awards. Don't people like RPG's anymore?
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#2dnmtPosted 2/9/2014 4:38:00 AM
It's too far out and we haven't seen much of it yet. The hype will begin soon enough.
#3L96A1BOSSPosted 2/9/2014 4:42:28 AM
Good games don't need hype train and release date too far and this game is a must buy for any rpg fans.
#4Bloody_SkyPosted 2/9/2014 4:43:25 AM
It seems Witcher isn't very well known for some reason. Whenever I try to talk to someone about the first two games, it's like they have no clue what I'm talking about. Most people (including most of my gaming friends) seem to have never heard of the series.

Like the above posters said, I'm sure they hype train for it will begin to kick in a bit closer to release.
---
Stop reading my sig, you creep. No really... Stop it.
I said stop! HELP! Stranger danger!
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 2/9/2014 4:49:12 AM
dnmt posted...
It's too far out and we haven't seen much of it yet. The hype will begin soon enough.

This.

Still need to play through number 2 on the 360. But I can only hold off for so long in hope of it releasing on the PS3.
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#6Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 4:52:04 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
dnmt posted...

This.

Still need to play through number 2 on the 360. But I can only hold off for so long in hope of it releasing on the PS3.

Yeah that makes sense, didn't think of that. Personally I thought The Witcher 2 was one of the best games of last gen, even the 360 version was great, but the PC version was superior.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#7DolemiteXPPosted 2/9/2014 4:53:20 AM
Meh, I've played through both Witchers on PC and to me they weren't all that. They were good games but nothing earthshattering enough for me to be that excited for the third one.
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#8TaffmanGPosted 2/9/2014 4:58:30 AM
I've tried (really tried) to like Witcher 2 - even to the point where I've come back and restarted it twice to see if I can see what makes it so good and try and understand the storyline.

For some reason, it feels a bit dull and boring. I'm sure it's me though, because I also feel this way about Oblivion and Dark Souls - games that most people love but I think are a bit 'meh'.

I've no doubt I'll try again in the future to see if it 'clicks' with me, and hopefully it will.
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 2/9/2014 5:00:45 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Yeah that makes sense, didn't think of that. Personally I thought The Witcher 2 was one of the best games of last gen, even the 360 version was great, but the PC version was superior.

I reckon I might have to re-experience 2 and 3 on PC eventually. Only played the original on my old laptop, and I didn't even bother with 2 on it - only recently bought 2 on the 360 in one of those sales around Christmas (5 I think?).

Kind of set back on the whole 'choices from previous games' thing. With a save from PC, 360 and then, more than likely PS4, I'm all over the place. :P
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#10SoulTrapperPosted 2/9/2014 5:15:01 AM
They haven't started marketing it yet.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/28717-Interview-with-Adam-Kici%C5%84ski

DW: Marketing campaign is supposed to cost 25 million USD, more than the production itself. Why so much?
AK: They want that not only RPG fans buy TW3, but the gamers that buy all the blockbusters as well. This means reaching much broader audience. Up till now only a couple of percent of the marketing budget has been spent. The main campaign will start in a few months.

So expect to see more of it within the coming weeks.