Minimal hype for The Witcher 3, why is that?

#31Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 2:39:30 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Delkura posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Because The Witcher isn't a first person shooter. A majority of people don't buy Xbox for The Witcher, they buy Xbox to shoot stuff.

Really? I suppose the majority of people who bought Skyrim thought that was a first-person shooter? Idiot.

I laughed at that, anyway I hope it is released in 2014, but I have confidence in CDProjekt to deliver.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#32LordrvPosted 2/9/2014 3:10:16 PM
It's made by Slavs.
#33gohoanqPosted 2/9/2014 3:14:21 PM
I can't freaking wait for it, but it's so far away right now that I don't want to bother getting hyped for it. lol What's the point? :/ The closer it gets to actually releasing the more people will care. I only allow myself to be hyped far in advanced for a select few games. :l It's never fun. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#34Bikes-Posted 2/9/2014 4:36:55 PM
Bloody_Sky posted...
It seems Witcher isn't very well known for some reason. Whenever I try to talk to someone about the first two games, it's like they have no clue what I'm talking about. Most people (including most of my gaming friends) seem to have never heard of the series.

Like the above posters said, I'm sure they hype train for it will begin to kick in a bit closer to release.

It's pretty much a PC exclusive series (TW1 is exclusive, and TW2 got a dumbed down port a while after it's release that probably flew under most people's radars. Not to mention it's on sale constantly for PC) so most console gamers wouldn't know it.

That being said, I have both of them and I've been meaning to get into them, but the combat for the first game was a major turn off right out the gate so I haven't played much of it.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#35krystylaPosted 2/9/2014 4:42:49 PM
Bikes- posted...
Bloody_Sky posted...
It seems Witcher isn't very well known for some reason. Whenever I try to talk to someone about the first two games, it's like they have no clue what I'm talking about. Most people (including most of my gaming friends) seem to have never heard of the series.

Like the above posters said, I'm sure they hype train for it will begin to kick in a bit closer to release.

It's pretty much a PC exclusive series (TW1 is exclusive, and TW2 got a dumbed down port a while after it's release that probably flew under most people's radars. Not to mention it's on sale constantly for PC) so most console gamers wouldn't know it.

That being said, I have both of them and I've been meaning to get into them, but the combat for the first game was a major turn off right out the gate so I haven't played much of it.

That's actually a good point it might have been better it might have been wiser for CDPR to dub the game 'The Witcher: Wild Hunt' instead of 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt'

Tried playing the first but the dialogues were so horrible I couldn't play it. The 2nd was great, hopefully they'll offer a way to import your save game or retake choices.

I let the dragon live and saved Triss but later found the dagger necessary to break the curse on some random mobs
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#36120N7Posted 2/9/2014 5:39:07 PM
Played W2 on PC and 360 but never got far. Always lost interest. Not sure what the fuss is about.
#37zinsindettaPosted 2/9/2014 5:59:44 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Because The Witcher isn't a first person shooter. A majority of people don't buy Xbox for The Witcher, they buy Xbox to shoot stuff.

Great point!

Sincerely,
Killzone Shadow Fall
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#38Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 6:13:03 PM
120N7 posted...
Played W2 on PC and 360 but never got far. Always lost interest. Not sure what the fuss is about.

I take it that RPG's aren't your favourite genre.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#39120N7Posted 2/10/2014 1:05:44 PM
Jedi454 posted...
120N7 posted...

I take it that RPG's aren't your favourite genre.

Lol. It's not my favourite genre, but I like RPGs, and I enjoy them when I play them. As I said, I'm not entirely sure what it was about TW2 that I didn't like.

I must admit I wasn't too keen on the 'adult' themes. Also, I found the inventory system a bit of a chore. I may have to revisit it, though. Third time lucky.