Sniper Elite 3 Dev talks about the eSRAM

#51lightningbugxPosted 2/10/2014 7:51:31 AM
dnmt posted...
lightningbugx posted...
singhellotaku posted...
so...its worse?

It will depend on how much bandwidth is needed for the input side of each frame drawn. The less needed, the farther the gap between the PS4 and XB1 will be. The more needed, the closer the gap between the PS4 and XB1. In the extreme case, the XB1 can exceed the PS4's performance.

If the PS4's bandwidth is maxed out, the XB1 will catch up to the PS4's performance capabilities.

The theoretical max of the XB1 is far less than the PS4, but it is more achievable than the PS4's theoretical max.

All he asked is if it's worse, to which the answer is yes.

The answer is relative. If I would have to make a guess, it is truly worse for the PS4.
#52SomboSteelPosted 2/10/2014 8:28:48 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
for everyone who makes this comment can you please explain to me how the ps4 can improve...im not a techie so I wouldn't no...it seems to me it already is pretty much perfect it runs most games at 1080p and that's about all you can ask for

I'm curios about this too...
#53Ironman06Posted 2/10/2014 9:39:40 AM
I only read articles that confirm my per-existing bias.
#54BigPapi829(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 12:11:21 PM
It seems the majority of the people did not read the article or the saw the video if reading is too much of a bother.
#55archibald3Posted 2/10/2014 12:23:09 PM
BigPapi829 posted...
It seems the majority of the people did not read the article or the saw the video if reading is too much of a bother.

The problem is this message board is crawling with people , who for one reason or another , don`t want to hear anything that bodes well for the Xbox One. They are far more interested in how it might fail , how its inferior to the ps4 , and anything they can twist to the negative. You can see people in this thread who obviously aren`t near as knowledgable as the developer scoffing at the idea that the gap between the consoles might be closed , even calling him an imbecile. Pretty ridiculous.
#56gamebuyer22Posted 2/10/2014 12:53:02 PM
Sniper Elite is a cross gen title that is hardly pushing the hardware at all. I dont mind lower budget games by the way but just making the point they they had to use workaround to even make 1080p. What happens if Sniper Elite 3 actually had next gen graphics? No 1080p for X1.
#57Juzten76Posted 2/10/2014 12:57:31 PM
archibald3 posted...
BigPapi829 posted...

The problem is this message board is crawling with people , who for one reason or another , don`t want to hear anything that bodes well for the Xbox One. They are far more interested in how it might fail , how its inferior to the ps4 , and anything they can twist to the negative. You can see people in this thread who obviously aren`t near as knowledgable as the developer scoffing at the idea that the gap between the consoles might be closed , even calling him an imbecile. Pretty ridiculous.

Well it only makes them look bad. It makes them look desperate and insecure with their purchase. Why else would anyone put so much effort into reassuring themselves on a rival console's message board? I think last generation gave them an inferiority complex for some reason. Just play the games and quit being fanboys.