Titanfall Xbone vs PC graphics comparison.

#31DaLaggaPosted 2/10/2014 8:03:34 AM
Not surprising. The Xbone is amazingly weak for a console released in 2013 and while the PS4 is more powerful, it's still pretty terrible and easily 3+ years out of date already. My video card is literally over 5 years old and is faster than the GPU in the Xbone. Yeah...Microsoft's console is that bad.

Proof.
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=675&card2=603
#32Pixx0Posted 2/10/2014 8:39:29 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
DualShockers did a graphics comparison based on screen captures they took from direct feed gameplay at the highest possible quality with the lowest level of compression (meaning, fewer artifacts, fewer screen tearing during video feed and less interlacing issues).

Yea.........

if that's the case and judging from the pics, this game should have been called "Pixel Junk" instead...
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#33Viet0nePosted 2/10/2014 8:41:19 AM
Comparing this game on the PC and Xbox One is completely valid for one reason and one reason only.

Source Engine, an engine based on Direct X 9, released in 2004, and still primarily based off Direct X 9 and updated to Direct X 10.

The source engine is old, outdated, and obsolete. So much so that even Intel Integrated Graphics are running the source games at 720p60 at maximum settings with 16xAF and 8xAA. AMD APUs perform significantly better than Intel Integrated Graphics chips. No one does source benchmarks anymore because any low-end GPU you buy for $60 can run source games at 1080p or higher.

Even the Xbox 360 can run source games at 720p with decent settings and performance. The Xbox One should be expected to run a source game at maximum settings especially if the rumor of the resolution being at 720p is true. Even if the game ran at 1080p on the Xbox One, it should still be expected the game run at near maximum settings.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#34pwnater777Posted 2/10/2014 8:47:05 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Shouldn't everyone know by now not to try and go against PC in comparisons? You'll almost never win; being able to change your graphics settings ultra high and have insane resolutions that keep getting better are really what make PC games always look better. There's really no way to "debunk" this; it's not like they could change the graphics settings on Xbox or something.

So, the thought of this whole topic and the article linked is: "because the PS4 can't beat the Xbox One in comparison, we'll compare it against the PC instead, so we still win! YAY!" - PS fans.

When did I mention PS4, exactly?

Don't be that dumb.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#35SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 8:53:18 AM(edited)
Viet0ne posted...
Comparing this game on the PC and Xbox One is completely valid for one reason and one reason only.

Source Engine, an engine based on Direct X 9, released in 2004, and still primarily based off Direct X 9 and updated to Direct X 10.

The source engine is old, outdated, and obsolete. So much so that even Intel Integrated Graphics are running the source games at 720p60 at maximum settings with 16xAF and 8xAA. AMD APUs perform significantly better than Intel Integrated Graphics chips. No one does source benchmarks anymore because any low-end GPU you buy for $60 can run source games at 1080p or higher.

Even the Xbox 360 can run source games at 720p with decent settings and performance. The Xbox One should be expected to run a source game at maximum settings especially if the rumor of the resolution being at 720p is true. Even if the game ran at 1080p on the Xbox One, it should still be expected the game run at near maximum settings.

Your argument isn't terribly valid.
All engine are upgraded from previous versions to include new functionality.
An engine running good on less hardware is a sign of a well optimized engine, not an old engine. Are you going to say Tomb Raider 2013 was a crummy engine because I could run it at DX9 max (no AA) on my 9600gt and still get 30-45fps?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#36Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/10/2014 8:54:29 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Comparing this game on the PC and Xbox One is completely valid
yes, the release versions. and yes, max pc settings will still be superior.
#37CapwnDPosted 2/10/2014 1:57:44 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
CapwnD posted...
The guy is a sony fanboy. Don't even need to click the link to know who it is.

The sony fanboys have been gobbling up his blog at that blog site for months now. He's a liar. I've busted him in a lie. He outright lies.

And they probably keep him around because he probably gets more clicks than any other author at that site.

Sounds a lot like HENTAIDOJR from this board.

Do you bust him for the constant lying too? Or do you pick and choose when lying is alright?

I don't know who that is.

Are you comparing a forum poster to somebody who is supposedly a "journalist" for a "news site" that basically reposts stories and adds their own fanboy twist?

People quote that guy as if it's a news site. It's not a news site. It's more like a blog site.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#38dj___rollPosted 2/10/2014 2:13:36 PM
Quote:Lets see what's going on in this topic:

--douchebag sony fanboy blog guy writes article (I'm assuming it's that usual sony fanboy at cineblend) and some sony pony posts link to it here.

--The usual sony pony trolls post something about xbots

--RaRitsujun quotes some troll post and is such a weak troll himself all he can do is post other troll's crap.

You guys make sony fans really look bad.

@CapwnD

You forgot,

--childish xbone fan comes in to call people ponies, troll, and douchebag while claiming their opinion is objectively correct.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#39MRL3G3NDPosted 2/10/2014 2:18:01 PM
never have a I seen a game EVER get better graphics than the beta or alpha

It seems that graphics are done first, I can see particles and fog getting tweaked...but character models

lol sorry no

the only exception was the HD texture pack for BF3

so hey...whatever is in the beta will be whats in the final product

but I bet the defense force will have something else to say lol
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#40EllesarienPosted 2/10/2014 2:21:15 PM
Man...I honestly had no idea of the collective insecurity of PC gamers until this gen. Now they pollute these console boards 24/7 simply to point out that PC games are "better".
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.