Is the XBone backwards compatible?

#1xXxHaVeNPosted 2/10/2014 5:48:36 AM
Already have a PS4, though I'm thinking I'll pick up an X1 as well when the price drops. I've heard that there may be a model coming without a disk drive? Not sure if that's rumors or if it's actually coming out. I'd probably be inclined to purchase that, though if there is backwards compatibility on the console I could definitely shell out a bit more for a model that plays discs as well.

Thanks in advance.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/xXxHaVeN117
Gamertag/SteamID: xXxHaVeN117, PSN: HaVeN117
#2kennyynnooPosted 2/10/2014 5:51:58 AM
Not backwards compatible, discless is just rumors MS denies.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#3xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 6:22:09 AM
Ah, damn. That's a bummer. I'm going 100% digital for the next (current?) gen so I'd love the option. Backwards compatibility would be the only thing to change my mind.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/xXxHaVeN117
Gamertag/SteamID: xXxHaVeN117, PSN: HaVeN117
#4djwagonPosted 2/10/2014 6:29:12 AM
both ps4 and x1 are bc .BUT not the way you think .YOU have to rebuy all in digital form to play on a x1 and ps4
---
I used to go by the screen name IMPORTER1.
#5CrzyPimpAEPosted 2/10/2014 6:40:57 AM
So has Microsoft hinted at anything about their Version of bc yet? Im hoping they do something similar to ps4.
---
Apple sucks! Skyrim's cool tho!
#6AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/10/2014 7:21:41 AM
djwagon posted...
both ps4 and x1 are bc .BUT not the way you think .YOU have to rebuy all in digital form to play on a x1 and ps4

Uhhh...no.

You can't even buy 360/ps3 games digitally on the 1 and the 4.
---
Now Playing: Beyond: Dead Space 3 (PS3), Sonic LW (WiiU), SM3DW (WiiU), Pikmin 3 (WiiU), MGS2 qHD(Vita) SC: Blacklist, Killer is Dead (360)
#7djwagonPosted 2/10/2014 8:05:22 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
djwagon posted...

Uhhh...no.

totally missed my point.in time they will be selling digital form of xbox/360 for x1 and on the ps4 .they will so be selling ps1/ps2/ps3 games.so why build a bc unit now for both.they would have in the beginning NOT after two or three motherboards in
---
#8Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/10/2014 8:22:47 AM
djwagon posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
djwagon posted...

Uhhh...no.

totally missed my point.in time they will be selling digital form of xbox/360 for x1 and on the ps4 .they will so be selling ps1/ps2/ps3 games.so why build a bc unit now for both.they would have in the beginning NOT after two or three motherboards in

when did MS announce digital BC for Xbox One? I know PS4 is doing theirs through Gaikai but I haven't heard anything about there being BC on the One
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#9SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 8:25:51 AM
CrzyPimpAE posted...
So has Microsoft hinted at anything about their Version of bc yet? Im hoping they do something similar to ps4.

Crazy unlikely unless they add a streaming service (who wants to play call of duty with EXTRA input lag?) or add an entire x360 inside the case of the x1.
The X1 processor has no where near the power to emulate the x360.
Maybe if you strung 10 xboxones together it could emulate the x360...
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#10djwagonPosted 2/10/2014 8:39:20 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
djwagon posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
djwagon posted...

Uhhh...no.

when did MS announce digital BC for Xbox One? I know PS4 is doing theirs through Gaikai but I haven't heard anything about there being BC on the One
give it time it will be coming .if mircosoft can make a dime off it .then they will do it.why do you think mircosoft has not followed suit with sony on the hard drive deal .because they only want you to buy stuff under their control
---