Racing wheel for the XB1?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/10/2014 7:59:58 AM
I know that so far, there's the overpriced Thrustmaster TX racing wheel for it. It costs $400, the same as a new PS4.

Are any other racing wheels compatible? If not, are there cheaper proprietary ones?
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#2MrSpaM111Posted 2/10/2014 8:10:32 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I know that so far, there's the overpriced Thrustmaster TX racing wheel for it. It costs $400, the same as a new PS4.

Are any other racing wheels compatible? If not, are there cheaper proprietary ones?

Older wheels are not compatible

The only wheels that are, are designed specifically for the system, and are as you stated, massively overpriced
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#3MidnightJacketPosted 2/10/2014 8:19:08 AM
Just adding onto what the previous poster said, alot of accessories look like they're still in development at the moment. I know fanatec is supposed to be working on an X1 racing wheel, hopefully it'll be out before too long. I've never been a fan of racing wheels, mostly only because they are anti-poon, but Forza 5 definitely gives you that urge to step the simulation up even more with some hardware.
#4Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/10/2014 8:22:26 AM
i've tried the madcatz wheel, and it's really good too. but you'll probably have to wait a little while longer, if you'd rather have the cheapo crap. madcatz will likely be the first to make another downgraded version for half price.
#5ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 10:21:50 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Older wheels are not compatible

The only wheels that are, are designed specifically for the system, and are as you stated, massively overpriced

MidnightJacket posted...
Just adding onto what the previous poster said, alot of accessories look like they're still in development at the moment. I know fanatec is supposed to be working on an X1 racing wheel, hopefully it'll be out before too long. I've never been a fan of racing wheels, mostly only because they are anti-poon, but Forza 5 definitely gives you that urge to step the simulation up even more with some hardware.

Ugh, that's disappointing. I hate playing Forza (or any racing sim) on controllers. It definitely kills the experience for me, sometimes.

Troll_Directory posted...
i've tried the madcatz wheel, and it's really good too. but you'll probably have to wait a little while longer, if you'd rather have the cheapo crap. madcatz will likely be the first to make another downgraded version for half price.

There's a difference between reasonably priced and overpriced. The thrustmaster wheel is not much better than the various other racing wheels I've got already, yet it's double the price. I've always been a diehard racing sim fan, but I've already spent too much money on wheels before to dish out that kind of money again.
---
Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/10/2014 10:28:46 AM
^ i was referring more to madcatz putting out the cheapo crap, than all the lower price wheels. i was surprised their $400 wheel was so high quality compared to most of their other stuff i've used. here's a video of both: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Dp2X7gzAn8
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 10:30:33 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
^ i was referring more to madcatz putting out the cheapo crap, than all the lower price wheels. i was surprised their $400 wheel was so high quality compared to most of their other stuff i've used. here's a video of both: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Dp2X7gzAn8

Ah, well then I guess I agree with that. It looks interesting.
---