Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox, Bing and Surface

#131SoulTrapperPosted 2/11/2014 1:40:47 AM
181stCommander posted...
How the hell do you make money with Bing? Tell me step by step.

http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards
#132RaRitsujunPosted 2/11/2014 1:47:05 AM
Marikhen posted...
Luiz_AMN posted...
Bing is not bad, people just don't give it a chance.

Between the advertising that they've done for it, how they shove it at you via Windows Update and in "opted in" options in first and third party software installation packages, and how it comes from "let's release Windows Vista/ME/8 and pretend it's a great idea" Microsoft can people really be blamed for not giving it a chance?

This.
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#133RE4_StrangerPosted 2/11/2014 2:08:43 AM
dbzdude94 posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
dbzdude94 posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
dbzdude94 posted...
Sony is gonna go bankrupt. I mean that's what you PS4 fanboys should be worried about.

why would the PS division go down just because Sony went into bankruptcy? or are you one of those people who use "bankruptcy" and "liquidation" interchangeably even though those are two very different things?

No, I know for a fact the PS Division won't go down. It will be picked up by another company, and continue. However the quality of the games that are produced will drop exponentially, as well as the trust in the PS divisionby both consumers and developers. Would the PS survive a Sony bankruptcy? Absolutely. That does not mean it would not be catastrophic.

why would Sony give up the PS if it went bankrupt? If Sony were to hold onto anything when they file bankruptcy it would be to hold onto the PS

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a Sony bankruptcy. I think they make great products and they are a quality company all around. However a bankruptcy is catastrophic to a business, and if they did go bankrupt, they would unlikely be able to hold onto any of their brands. I know they're losing money on the PlayStation, and my time working at Best Buy has shown me through various talks with Sony reps that they are losing money on their laptops and televisions, despite being arguably the best in both of those areas. A company cannot go bankrupt and hold onto a brand they are continuing to lose money on. They would need something profitable to cling to.

Ok I was almost believing you rill you said the Sony television rep and PC rep told you the company was losing money. The job of a rep is to inform the seller of why they should sell their product and try and use as many buzz words as possible to make the average uninformed salesperson jump to there product first when a potential sale comes up. It is also to instill confidence in the salesperson in the product and company as a whole, not to spread negative information that a rep would not have access to to begin with. Also even if that is true, the fact you said they are arguably the best in both those areas proves you are either the usual uninformed salesperson who just reads the provided pamphlets and thinks they understand audio and video and pc architecture and software or you are making your story up and trying to make yourself look like a fan of Sony products on the whole in an attempt to hide your trolling.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh
#134RE4_StrangerPosted 2/11/2014 2:25:13 AM
Also that is not to say Sony won't go bankrupt, that is a possibility with there recent financial past and troubles. But that only happens if the steps they are taking to fix the problem, like selling unnecessarily large headquarter buildings and unprofitable brands Like Vaio and their PC business, do not fix it in a big enough way.

A lot of people seem to think Sony has nothing going for them. Those people fail to realize how profitable Sony Pictures and all the studios it owns as well as Sony Music and Entertainment are. Also Playstation is finally back to it's glory days of success it seems so that is also a very valuable brand.

The company may have some bad brands that they need to drop that make it unprofitable as a whole but they also have some very profitable and valuable brands that will flourish when the company finally gets it's focus on them after dropping the dead weight.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh
#135SuperSuikodenPosted 2/11/2014 5:34:57 AM
Kenaue posted...
Bing and surface should be killed. Both are terrible. Xbox should continue on.

---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#136Joey-ZazaPosted 2/11/2014 5:48:44 AM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
bob15x posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Microsoft is the most boring stock any major investor who has any skin in MS is a moron.

Isn't it usually a good thing if stocks are boring?

he obviously has no clue what he is talking about.

I do a lot of investing on the side, and have made quite a profit over the past few years. Microsoft is just treading water. It's constantly underperforming and the growth they are trying to achieve is failing. The surface, the Windows Phone, Windows 8, all a bunch of failures. Microsoft is spread too thin and has no real hold over any market. In other words, it is just not a wise investment.

They have been profitable For years kiddo. Stop talking when its obvious you have no clue what you are saying.

And? Why do you think that is? The feds have been pumping money into bonds for years now and the stock market is doing well as a whole. Well here's a wake up call for you. Just wait for the correction. 1+1 does not equal 3.

As of now you haven't shared with me anything substantal, other than calling me 'kiddo'. As an adult you would think you'd have some form of humility. No you're just a sad boy in a man's world.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-