Why do I need a blu ray player update every time it watch a movie on XB1?

#1rludeman44Posted 2/10/2014 11:37:20 AM
Is this a normal occurrence?
---
Save the witty one-liners for someone who will be impressed by them.
#2extankerPosted 2/10/2014 11:44:19 AM
I think I've had maybe one or two bluray player updates since installing the app. Doesn't sound normal.
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 2/10/2014 11:48:16 AM
I'm not sure but when blu ray began there were several updates to a lot of movies I had to have to watch them

they weren't on a universal plain with it yet...but as of recently I haven't had an update on my blu ray player...but my new one is automatically connected to the net so it doesn't need me to manually update
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/10/2014 11:48:27 AM
because Sony hates you for buying the Xbox One and is punishing you since the bluray is theirs
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#5Enigma149Posted 2/10/2014 11:49:19 AM
Some Blu Ray discs have downloadable content, I believe - BD Live.

Not really sure how it's used, though, since none of my movies support it, nor does my Blu Ray player.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 2/10/2014 11:49:33 AM
So don't download the update. Only on Gamefaqs could it possibly be a bad thing that MS updates their products.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7Enigma149Posted 2/10/2014 11:54:25 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
So don't download the update. Only on Gamefaqs could it possibly be a bad thing that MS updates their products.

I don't think TC was meaning this as a point against Microsoft, but you're wrong - anywhere on the internet, it would be a bad thing MS updates their products.

Hell, if Microsoft were to cure cancer, it would be spun negatively. There are even people bashing Microsoft for their Super Bowl add about how technology can make lives better that didn't really even focus on their products.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#8RedFive3Posted 2/10/2014 11:57:20 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
because Sony hates you for buying the Xbox One and is punishing you since the bluray is theirs

For the zillinth time, Sony did not invent bluray nor do they own it. They are just one company out of like 20 that helped develop it.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#9Dev445Posted 2/10/2014 12:11:33 PM
I don't think that's normal. I was just watching Justice League War and DBZ season one the other day and those didn't have to update.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/10/2014 12:12:39 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

For the zillinth time, Sony did not invent bluray nor do they own it. They are just one company out of like 20 that helped develop it.

why do i bother trying to bring the comedy to the boards anymore...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."