Why do I need a blu ray player update every time it watch a movie on XB1?

#11extankerPosted 2/10/2014 12:36:13 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
So don't download the update. Only on Gamefaqs could it possibly be a bad thing that MS updates their products.

He's not complaining that he has to update the app, just asking if it's normal to have so many updates. Not everybody's a troll...
#12gray_fox_00Posted 2/10/2014 12:41:06 PM
Enigma149 posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
So don't download the update. Only on Gamefaqs could it possibly be a bad thing that MS updates their products.

Hell, if Microsoft were to cure cancer, it would be spun negatively.

I think it's because the machine they used to cure cancer was powered by souls of orphan babies.

At least that's what I've heard.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#13Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/10/2014 12:43:57 PM
Enigma149 posted...

they cured cancer in I Am Legend and look what happened.
Is that what you want? Albino zombie vampires?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#14Enigma149Posted 2/10/2014 12:50:23 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Enigma149 posted...

You sure you're not thinking of Twilight?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#15TrickyPonyPosted 2/10/2014 12:53:26 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Enigma149 posted...

You sure you're not thinking of Twilight?

No he's right it was I Am Legend. There weren't any vampires in Twilight, just a bunch of metrosexuals in glitter makeup
#16ascendedcobraPosted 2/10/2014 1:09:16 PM
I've watched like 4 blurays on mine with no updates. Are you making stuff up?
#17RedFive3Posted 2/10/2014 1:29:23 PM
RedFive3 posted...
because Sony hates you for buying the Xbox One and is punishing you since the bluray is theirs

For the zillinth time, Sony did not invent bluray nor do they own it. They are just one company out of like 20 that helped develop it.

why do i bother trying to bring the comedy to the boards anymore...

You're are not the sharpest tool in the shed I take it. Google it, what said is true. Sony fanboys are not that bright.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#18rludeman44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 1:42:42 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Some Blu Ray discs have downloadable content, I believe - BD Live.

Not really sure how it's used, though, since none of my movies support it, nor does my Blu Ray player.

You might be right. I watched a couple older DVDs for the first time on it and it needed an update and I just watched 2 blu rays that needed it too. Pretty new movies(act of valor and prisoners) but they needed the updates, probably bc of the DL stuff. I was just wondering bc it was getting annoying...but that makes sense.
---
Save the witty one-liners for someone who will be impressed by them.
#19aj4x94Posted 2/10/2014 2:05:08 PM
Jeez, TC asks a legitimate question regarding a minor annoyance, and instead of the help he should be getting, he's denounced as a troll. Stay classy, Xbox One board. Have you tried watching Blu Rays offline, TC? Because sometimes on other consoles, it only asks for updates if you're connected to the internet.

I'm sorry you have to experience this TC.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls, Lords of Shadow, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Borderlands.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#20loafy013Posted 2/10/2014 2:07:44 PM
It is not a Xbone exclusive thing. I've had to update other blu-ray players periodically with newer movies.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.