Is Ryse worth it full price?

#1Dev445Posted 2/10/2014 7:23:23 PM
I just spent $1400 on car repairs and I got a little bit left over, thinking about getting Ryse.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2zinsindettaPosted 2/10/2014 7:24:11 PM
Yes
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#3DoukouPosted 2/10/2014 7:24:37 PM
For most people, probably not.
I found it to be worth $50 mostly because I put a good amount of time in MP.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#4BigLongDownerPosted 2/10/2014 7:26:26 PM
Dev445 posted...
I just spent $1400 on car repairs and I got a little bit left over, thinking about getting Ryse.

I heard that Best Buy will have Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza for $49.99 starting next Sunday. They'll also have 12 month gold for $39.99.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#5ILikeGamesManPosted 2/10/2014 7:27:15 PM
Yes it is. I think its one of the most underrated games on either console so far. The combat is absolutely brutal, the game is gorgeous from start to finish and it actually has some really interesting locales. One level in particular in some dark and spooky woods was so awesome.

I can understand how people would say the combat can be a little repetitive at times, but I think the whole package is a great game. I think its my #2 game on either the X1 or PS4 at the time after DR3.
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/10/2014 7:27:58 PM
i haven't finished it yet. i started playing it, and realized i should probably try to play all the other launch window games first. the graphics set such a high bar on the new consoles (killzone isn't far off the mark, and forza is pretty amazing too, but ryse is stunning), that i wanted to get the other games out of the way first so ryse would spoil everything else. i probably should have waited for a price drop, because i still have a lot of gameplay left just on the xo alone. and a few things on ps4 too.
#7elbarto1Posted 2/10/2014 7:29:51 PM
Not really. But if you find it on sale its worth a buy.
Its pretty but that's about it.
Its not a bad game, but rather a very dated game with level design and gameplay that reminds me of PS2 games like lotr two towers.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#8Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 7:33:42 PM
thanks for the feedback, might take the leap
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#9ZEROthefirstPosted 2/10/2014 7:44:44 PM
Definitely not, wait for the price to go down. Unless you like extremely bland and repetitive gameplay (it's a hack n slash at it's worse) I would stay away from it. It might look like a really pretty game, but I promise that's all it has is visuals.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#10LaZboYPosted 2/10/2014 7:48:43 PM
Great game if you enjoy God of War type games. It is not nearly as deep with its combat as God of War is, but I still found it to be enjoyable. The key to getting the most out of this game is to start on Centurion difficulty (way too easy on anything lower) and then go through it again on Legendary (Very difficult and at times a little unfair but extremely satisfying once you start mastering the moves after a play through). The multiplayer is also very fun and has a tweaked Horde mode like vibe to it. I have easily put in 20 plus hours into the game and absolutely don't regret the purchase.
---
Do you know why you stopped the car? Do I know why I stopped the car?
I forgot to close the door!