Soon gamers will buying most of their game via DLC...

#1Jedi454Posted 2/10/2014 10:15:42 PM
Thanks guys for supporting the developers when they take any marketing approach. DLC is the way of the future, paying for content that's already on the disc because the developers want extra money? I think it's a win win. Developers/ Publishers get more of a profit and consumers get, well... ah yeah!
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#2ripvisionPosted 2/10/2014 10:49:28 PM
Its a practice that I loathe. Which is why i never pre-order or get season passes. Devs are getting pushed to meet deadlines by publishers all too often now days and in the end its the gamer that gets a half made and sometimes broken game. Use your head and vote with your wallet.
#3violentdissmayPosted 2/10/2014 11:43:48 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Thanks guys for supporting the developers when they take any marketing approach. DLC is the way of the future, paying for content that's already on the disc because the developers want extra money? I think it's a win win. Developers/ Publishers get more of a profit and consumers get, well... ah yeah!

You must be new to gaming.
---
Bender: There. This'll teach those filthy bastards who's lovable.
#4HeracylostPosted 2/10/2014 11:47:05 PM
I just don't buy 99.9% of DLC. It's mostly a ripoff anyways.
#5Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:09:10 AM
ripvision posted...
Its a practice that I loathe. Which is why i never pre-order or get season passes. Devs are getting pushed to meet deadlines by publishers all too often now days and in the end its the gamer that gets a half made and sometimes broken game. Use your head and vote with your wallet.

That's a pretty good point, it has become more of a money making scheme these days instead of just making a product, that's why we got games like BF4 that were broken.

violentdissmay posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Yeah I only started last week.
---
#6pigboyPosted 2/11/2014 12:13:10 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Yeah right. Look the new trend of digital download only game like Killer Instinct died with only 1 Season & the developer jumped ship. It is like the game will die as an incomplete game. It is why I will only buy physical media game instead of DL or DLC.
#7FriedLemonPosted 2/11/2014 12:47:42 AM
violentdissmay posted...
Jedi454 posted...

How does this make sense? This DLC trend has really only taken off during the 360/PS3 era, so if you're new you gaming you would be used to this kind of gouging practice as opposed to the previous generations when DLC didn't exist.
#8mewmew42Posted 2/11/2014 4:39:02 AM
You are not forced to buy it

Did the developers put a gun on your head to buy any DLC

Stop being poor so you will have no problems enjoying this amazing hobby
#9Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 5:05:51 AM
mewmew42 posted...
You are not forced to buy it

Did the developers put a gun on your head to buy any DLC

Stop being poor so you will have no problems enjoying this amazing hobby

You must one of those guys that buy every Call of Duty map pack. They only make those map packs because they know gullible people will buy them.
---
#10bob15xPosted 2/11/2014 5:20:45 AM
Jedi454 posted...

oh shut the hell up