Why does it randomly record a game clip? And how do I record one by choice?

#1kushahilicPosted 2/11/2014 12:13:34 AM
Topic
#2kushahilic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:22:03 AM
Bump
#3aszsithPosted 2/11/2014 12:25:24 AM
It randomly records predetermined moments in certain games. This is up to the developers to decide. And as of the moment, you can't shut that feature off without completely disabling GameDVR.

If you want to record something manually, you have a few options.

#1 - Say "Xbox Record That" and you will record the last 30 seconds of gameplay.

#2 - Snap the GameDVR app and then you can record up to 5 minutes by hitting record and then swapping to the game and playing.

Once you get the clips, they ARE NOT SAVED AUTOMATICALLY. You must manually save them using Upload.

You can also download Upload Studio and do some neat editing and splicing of clips.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#4kushahilic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:27:21 AM
So if u snap and record for five minutes will it record in a loop? Or does it just stop? I didn't know if it records and saves that five minutes then starts recording a clip again.

Also can you edit those five minute clips
#5Lawboy2Posted 2/11/2014 12:29:09 AM
kushahilic posted...
So if u snap and record for five minutes will it record in a loop? Or does it just stop? I didn't know if it records and saves that five minutes then starts recording a clip again.

Also can you edit those five minute clips

Yes u can edit the clips...I don't know if it's a loop...Once it records the five mins it will tell u...the it will stop recording
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/11/2014 12:30:07 AM
not sure which game you are playing, but some games have triggers to record something you just did. if you want to record something intentionally, there are a few ways. here are two:

while playing a game

1) say, "xbox, record that." (this records the last 30 seconds)

2) say, "xbox, snap game dvr." or, "xbox, go to game dvr." (this pauses the game, and pulls up a side menu)

then say, "end clip now." (then you will be given a choice of how long you want the clip to be. last 30 seconds. last minute. last 3 minutes. last 5 minutes. it's your choice of those time lengths.)

after the clip is captured, you can say, "xbox, go to upload studio." and from there, you can edit your clips down to only the relevant portion. or, you can combine multiple clips if you have more than one moment to spotlight.
#7kushahilic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:47:09 AM
Thanks guys
#8RenamonPosted 2/11/2014 1:14:36 AM(edited)
Once you get the clips, they ARE NOT SAVED AUTOMATICALLY. You must manually save them using Upload.

Saving is only needed if you want to edit the clips or get them saved to an actual PC, if you're fine with them the way they are or just want friends to see them on the xbox one that's done automatically.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#9aszsithPosted 2/11/2014 10:03:20 AM
Renamon posted...

Saving is only needed if you want to edit the clips or get them saved to an actual PC, if you're fine with them the way they are or just want friends to see them on the xbox one that's done automatically.

No they aren't. If you record a LOT of them, or have a much of games installed, eventually the ones that you didn't specifically saved are deleted permanently. Look back through the pages on just this site and you'll find a bunch of topics about it where people lost clips because they didn't know they had to save them.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.