Anyone else liking the Kinect more than they thought they would?

#1pigman2003Posted 2/11/2014 3:35:14 AM
getting sign in when the camera sees your face, accessing functions quickly with your voice, scanning codes rather than typing them in.

I haven't really used it in a game(voice commands don't work well in Dead Rising 3) but it comes in handy more than I'd like to admit.
#2slowdog76Posted 2/11/2014 3:42:45 AM
yeah, i agree. i gave it a chance and now navigating around with my voice is second nature and easy.

for example, im sat right now with the tv on. without looking for my controller (or remote) i can, and am checking notifications, apps, and friends list. so quick. so easy.

in game, ive used the camera in zoo tycoon, and whilst its completely gimmicky, pulling faces at a virtual monkey and having it pull them back was pretty cool. i use voice in FIFA often to select substitutes and formations in match without going to menus, which i think is completely fantastic tbh.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#3lunaticcorePosted 2/11/2014 3:48:27 AM
I had an Xbox 360 Kinect and didn't like it. I wasn't excited for 2.0 at all.

I use my Xbox One Kinect constantly. I love short cutting back and forth between aps and games. It probably helps that I constantly watch Netflix, Hulu, and play games. Booting up Hulu really fast to see if something new is on and then popping over to Netflix to watch something when I run out of new shows is pretty much a daily habit.
#4Jeh64Posted 2/11/2014 4:47:15 AM
I am. I find myself attempting to talk to all my electronics now. :/
#5xninjagrrlPosted 2/11/2014 5:05:13 AM
Yeah, I like it, voice controls work for me about 90% of the time. The only truly annoying thing about the kinect is when that hand pops up for no reason and goes crazy moving around the screen. I dont know how to make it go away short of turning on my controller and backing out of whatever im doing. I can only imagine how poorly motion tracking works in an actual game if I am unable to control that hand while watching netflix or whatever.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#6kingbahamut83Posted 2/11/2014 5:48:35 AM
I hooked mine up just to check it out and loved it. First thing I did was call out to zombies in DR3 and had them walk off a ledge. Hated the idea on 360, now I find myself wanting to say "xbox record that" when I play anything on it.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#7garainePosted 2/12/2014 4:35:06 PM
I love it. the voice commands and all are cool. But my favorite thing is that it turns off my tv and cable box when the console is turned off and back on when I turn it on. Voice commands do add to that. my whole entertainment center lights up when I say xbox on.
#8Foxx3kPosted 2/12/2014 4:39:40 PM
I like "Xbox Record That," but I think that everything else gets more false-activations than actually doing what I want it to do. I also think "Record That" could be improved. Like "Xbox Record That, Long" to record 5-minutes instead of 30-seconds.

I don't think it's used effectively. It should be a means of controlling things hands-off and without interrupting gameplay. But when 90% of the commands still pop up menus to navigate and makes my controller stop inputing to the game, it's a total waste.

For Kinect to be useful to me I should at least be able to handle party stuff without snapping the party and invite people to my party without going to my friends list. I get that it (reasonably) can't resolve GamerTags, so how about like "Invite favorites to party." or when a player comes online (which should notify you) "Invite that player to party."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#9mokmuudPosted 2/12/2014 4:42:47 PM
Its decent when I don't have to repeat myself 10 times.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#10angel609Posted 2/12/2014 5:03:20 PM
yea i really enjoy the kinect. didnt think i would like it at all. i feel like the console wouldnt be right with out the voice commands and using your hand to navigate to netflix when your controller is dead
---
GT-VandaliismZ (with 2 i's) add me
Coolest guy youll ever meet