Microsoft Announces Xbox One Stereo Headset And Adapter For March

#11Lawboy2Posted 2/11/2014 12:10:52 PM
Everyone should go look at the 4shots...there awesome and allow any headset to plug in your controller
#12QuintiousPosted 2/13/2014 10:17:03 AM
aszsith posted...
MayCauseRedEyes posted...
I know it has been said a thousand times, but buying this adapter really feels like a smack in the face. Oh well though, I just gave them five-hundred dollars what's another twenty-five amirite?

Why does it feel like a slap in the face? Do you expect every accessory ever made for an Xbox product to be future proofed to work on every Xbox product that will ever come out?

Gamers that obviously started gaming in the past 2 generations have NO IDEA how the industry has historically worked.

Nothing from Gen 1 worked on Gen 2 hardware. Nothing from Gen 2 worked on Gen 3 hardware. Nothing from Gen 3 worked on Gen 4 hardware and so forth. See the pattern? It wasn't until Gen 7 that some peripherals became backwards compatible, and that was basically the Gamecube controller on the Wii, and now the Wiimote on the WiiU.

It is a business. The companies want to make money. They do so with peripherals and licensing deals. They make very little on the consoles themselves. This is nothing new.

I'd just like to point out that EVERYTHING Nintendo makes is backwards compatible for 2 generations. And I'd also like to point out that my Astro a50 headset, which was designed for the 360 and the PS3....works flawlessly on my PS4. Your argument is invalid.

Once again, Sony schools Microsoft.
---
I sued Microsoft...and won!
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Average_Joe_takes_on_Microsoft_over_the_360_units_and_wins