$25 dollars for the chat adapter??? wth?

#1Shura_SurplicePosted 2/11/2014 8:20:38 AM
"BREAKING NEWS: Microsoft has just announced that they will be selling Xbox One headset chat adapters for $24.99 (USD)! These should enable all of our Xbox 360 headsets to work on Xbox One! Will you be getting one?"

This is from Turtle Beach's facebook.
No release date yet.
#2rx54Posted 2/11/2014 8:22:52 AM
You had no problem paying $100 for a camera/microphone
---
PSN - Hunched
Bliss = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4cWPKRhwIc
#3kingbahamut83Posted 2/11/2014 8:23:49 AM
I saw this on Major nelson's blog. Think they drop around time for titanfall. 25 is a bit much, then I have to go through the hassle of switching my optical cord every time I switch between xboxs. Think I'll stick with my plan to buy the TB XO 4.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#4gohoanqPosted 2/11/2014 8:27:22 AM
Honestly I expected us to have to pay more.. it's MS after all, the same people that made you buy literally everything for the 360.. lol I will buy that adapter like I planned in the first place. I will also be somewhat happy that again, it's less than I thought it'd be.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#5_PDZero_Posted 2/11/2014 8:30:31 AM
Are you telling me the Xbox One isn't package with this adapter or a headset already? Why exactly are they charging everybody $500 for, I know it's not the inferior specs.
#6motoraptorPosted 2/11/2014 8:39:08 AM
_PDZero_ posted...
Are you telling me the Xbox One isn't package with this adapter or a headset already? Why exactly are they charging everybody $500 for, I know it's not the inferior specs.

Wrong. The console does come with a mic for voice chat. The adapter is for existing headsets that use a 2.5mm jack to enable voice chat.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7RaRitsujunPosted 2/11/2014 8:39:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8MuryoPosted 2/11/2014 8:40:31 AM
_PDZero_ posted...

You guys haven't figured out that every function and business practice around the x1 was tailored to benefit ms by constantly keep you paying?
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#9Special-EddPosted 2/11/2014 8:41:43 AM
kingbahamut83 posted...
I saw this on Major nelson's blog. Think they drop around time for titanfall. 25 is a bit much, then I have to go through the hassle of switching my optical cord every time I switch between xboxs. Think I'll stick with my plan to buy the TB XO 4.

I don't think it will drop that quickly but I'll be getting the Polk 4Shot headset myself. My old turtle beaches did the trick but these seem like they are really much better quality.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#10GGearXPosted 2/11/2014 8:41:47 AM
YOU ALREADY HAVE A MIC FOR THE XBOX ONE

the kinect

stop trolling sonypony
---
GT- NEON KnLght
So like. You wanna play?