$25 dollars for the chat adapter??? wth?

#71motoraptorPosted 2/11/2014 12:45:51 PM
I seriously hope MS and TB have the wits about them to include the USB cable (required for updating) and 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter with the XO4 and XO7....
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#72DojoMaxPosted 2/11/2014 12:55:54 PM
Rdeal2 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Special-Edd posted...
Foxx3k posted...
What I want to know is if the XO4 and XO7 still work "wirelessly" for game audio.

Yes, they get audio directly from the controller. No cables running to your console or TV.

Well, I guess I was wondering because the adaptor does NOT give game sound and the adaptor is included with the XO4 and XO7, last I heard.

Reading between the lines opens an obvious question.

The adapter does give game sound,you will be able to plug your headphones into it
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-adapter

Thanks for that link. IGNs article is incorrect according to that.
---
stop trollin
#73Rome218Posted 2/11/2014 12:57:33 PM
Lerp85 posted...
Rome218 posted...
I was talking about the adapter in the first place. Learn to read? I was saying that the adapter costs the same price as the headset the MS sells, and it takes less to make, and that makes it overpriced. You were trying to claim it was not overpriced. I will buy it to use with my turtlebeaches, that does not change the fact that they should be cheaper.

I do not recall you specifying a MS headset, you just said headset. I think anyone who is going to compare an over one ear headphone to an adapter which allows people to use their expensive, over both ears while providing in game sound would be completely foolish. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Do you really believe the default xbox headsets, Lerp85, are to be compared with turtle beaches? Because to me, the default xbox headsets are the BARE MINIMUM to talk to someone. Again, the 25 dollar adapters allows you to connect your xb1 to something much better.

Without TB, I have to constantly mute my mic cuz of my sound system, and unmute it when I talk. I would rather be able to not do that, play the game sounds in my headset and still talk so people do not have to hear what I hear. That's just me, and most people who game and talk.

I stated that the adapter costs the same as the headset. What headset costs the same as the adapter? There is only one, the MS headset. Takes just an ounce of common sense to realize I was not stating that the adapter costs the same as a tb headset. My whole point is that for the same price you are paying for less, so it should be cheaper.

That doesn't sound like common sense. First I can't read, and now I don't have common sense because you are a failure at producing a strong argument, and I do want to get to what your argument is.

The adapter is 25 dollars, the same price as the default MS headset that comes with the console. The adapter allows you to use a much more superior piece of technology from last gen and bring it over to this gen.

Let's make this clear: Is your argument saying that 25 dollars to use a high end console headset for the new gen is not worth it because it cost as much as a MS headset which comes with the console itself? Is this the point you're trying to drive home?
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#74Fray_MakenPosted 2/11/2014 1:01:38 PM
rx54 posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...
rx54 posted...
You had no problem paying $100 for a camera/microphone

You need to go away.

Use your magical voice commands on me.

LOL!

I laughed way harder than I should have.

Comedy gold, only on XB1 message board.
#75Robin_MaskPosted 2/11/2014 8:21:02 PM
Muryo posted...
Never said they were free, ms put services you ALREADY PAY FOR behind a paywall.

Were the dlcs on nintendo games as horrid as on ki? I mean only 8 characters, no arcade moden No story mode for a fighting game in this age its unacceptable.

So? To even begin accessing those things, you need a computer to make an account unless one is that lazy to use the console for everything.

KI is used as a marketing strategy. At this point, there have been too many complaints of fighters with bad stories. They are working on releasing it, besides, it isn't a big deal at all.

The funny thing is, Marvel 3 has both games with only Arcade/Online/Training/Trials. SF4 had trials and special requirements for one mode vs CPU. Then SSF4 took those away and is only left with Arcade/Online/Trials/Training, no one complained.

Then comes the examples of terrible story modes like DOA5 where you are forced to play as the entire roster around 3 matches per character.

Sometimes it's even better not having such modes, KI is an amazing game already to begin with. Funny how Nintendo also had that Luigi game separated, even though isn't it just a skin with another character and some purple character to play with? Let's not forget the disc version either for $30. Are there huge differences between SMBWU and the Luigi version?
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#76mike468Posted 2/11/2014 8:36:52 PM
I think it's the one problem that is holding the xbox brand back, is the fact that they use proprietary tech for almost everything. Adapters, headset, hard drives, etc
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#77Lerp85Posted 2/11/2014 9:54:42 PM
Rome218 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
Rome218 posted...
I was talking about the adapter in the first place. Learn to read? I was saying that the adapter costs the same price as the headset the MS sells, and it takes less to make, and that makes it overpriced. You were trying to claim it was not overpriced. I will buy it to use with my turtlebeaches, that does not change the fact that they should be cheaper.

I do not recall you specifying a MS headset, you just said headset. I think anyone who is going to compare an over one ear headphone to an adapter which allows people to use their expensive, over both ears while providing in game sound would be completely foolish. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Do you really believe the default xbox headsets, Lerp85, are to be compared with turtle beaches? Because to me, the default xbox headsets are the BARE MINIMUM to talk to someone. Again, the 25 dollar adapters allows you to connect your xb1 to something much better.

Without TB, I have to constantly mute my mic cuz of my sound system, and unmute it when I talk. I would rather be able to not do that, play the game sounds in my headset and still talk so people do not have to hear what I hear. That's just me, and most people who game and talk.

I stated that the adapter costs the same as the headset. What headset costs the same as the adapter? There is only one, the MS headset. Takes just an ounce of common sense to realize I was not stating that the adapter costs the same as a tb headset. My whole point is that for the same price you are paying for less, so it should be cheaper.

That doesn't sound like common sense. First I can't read, and now I don't have common sense because you are a failure at producing a strong argument, and I do want to get to what your argument is.

The adapter is 25 dollars, the same price as the default MS headset that comes with the console. The adapter allows you to use a much more superior piece of technology from last gen and bring it over to this gen.

Let's make this clear: Is your argument saying that 25 dollars to use a high end console headset for the new gen is not worth it because it cost as much as a MS headset which comes with the console itself? Is this the point you're trying to drive home?

My argument is that something that takes less to make should cost less. I see u don't understand this though.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#78Lerp85Posted 2/11/2014 9:55:13 PM
mike468 posted...
I think it's the one problem that is holding the xbox brand back, is the fact that they use proprietary tech for almost everything. Adapters, headset, hard drives, etc

What hard drives?
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.