just got my xb1

#1DarkHolesPosted 2/11/2014 11:31:41 AM
And im not impressed, kinect functionality in games is poo, party chat/game invites are poo. The homescreen has started to now run fairly slow and my controller rapes batteries. I do wish i stuck with my 360 for the time being but oh well. It feels like ms rushed to release alongside sony, but i trust microsoft will fix their console and restore my faith in them soon.
What do you guys think?
Ps i know there are updates soon to address these issues
Pps how can people say there are no x1 exclusives that interest them?? Titanfall, sunset overdrive and project spark is all i have to say to that, its just blatant denial lol.
#2BigLongDownerPosted 2/11/2014 11:42:29 AM
Thanks for sharing.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#3Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 2/11/2014 11:46:30 AM
I got mine on Saturday and I'm loving it. There are some things I really don't like at all, though, like the party/invites system and the lack of being able to manage the HDD. Plus the UI is absolutely horrible, but at least they are fixing those things, so I don't really have much to complain about. I really don't like the kinect either and I don't think that will ever change, but as long as I'm not being forced to use it, it's not that big of a deal.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#4SonyPonyTonyPosted 2/11/2014 11:47:25 AM
DarkHoles posted...
And im not impressed, kinect functionality in games is poo, party chat/game invites are poo. The homescreen has started to now run fairly slow and my controller rapes batteries. I do wish i stuck with my 360 for the time being but oh well. It feels like ms rushed to release alongside sony, but i trust microsoft will fix their console and restore my faith in them soon.
What do you guys think?
Pps how can people say there are no x1 exclusives that interest them?? Titanfall, sunset overdrive and project spark is all i have to say to that, its just blatant denial lol.

I just wanted to correct you on this part. MS had plenty of stock, Sony struggled to produce units and they also planned to include the PS camera but axed it when they saw MS taking heat for the Kinect. It's pretty obvious Sony was reactionary as usual instead and matching the moves of their competition and not showing any initiative.

Plus they forgot about having any launch games in their mad rush to release before MS which is the worst part.
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#5LapanuiPosted 2/11/2014 11:51:25 AM
Mine seems to work fine. I don't use the Kinect as often as I did when I first started, but it's great for me when I'm watching TV or a film and the controller turns off by itself. Also useful when I want to switch between apps but don't want to press the guide button and search through it.

I don't use party chat or anything. I prefer to play on my own or with my brother in split-screen co-op.

The homescreen doesn't seem to slow down. Do you quit apps when you are done using them? I always press Start and Quit it. You have to realize that pressing guide doesn't turn the app off, it is still running in the background using up memory, which will slow down navigation. This would be the same for a PC.

I've heard both consoles have issues, and they are updating both at the moment.

With the exclusives thing, people have different tastes in games, but I see a lot of the exclusives being very similar. Then there are people who just want to bash them without trying them.

The X1 top 10 boards have 5 exclusives that are being talked about. The PS4 top 10 boards only have 3 exclusives. People say that the PS4 exclusives are better, yet nobody seems to be talking about them. There aren't many games out at the moment, yet they can't even make it in the top 10 boards...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#6DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 11:51:27 AM
BigLongDowner posted...
Thanks for sharing.

Your more than welcome =)
#7BlueJester007Posted 2/11/2014 11:52:58 AM
DarkHoles posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Thanks for sharing.

Your more than welcome =)

His more than welcome what?
---
When you tell someone that they don't understand something, be sure to enlighten them instead of just being a vague and pretentious dick.
#8DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 11:55:11 AM
@lapuni
I wasnt saying kinect doesnt work for switching between apps etc i mean more like in bf4 i try to use voice commands and they are just terrible lol, but that is more on dice than ms.
#9DoxaVaPosted 2/11/2014 12:05:56 PM
I also just recently purchased my Xbox One a few days ago. Thus far I am enjoying it immensely despite there not being many games out that interest me. The vast majority of games I am excited about are not out yet, however I wanted to get the system while I had the money. I haven't used the Kinect a ton yet. The gestures are a little sketchy, but the voice controls have been spot on. I went from a PS3 to the One and I can honestly say I love the Xbox One controller. Just feels fantastic in my hands. I haven't had battery issues since I sprung for the rechargable battery pack right away which was a solid investment. Just beat Lego Marvel over the weekend which was a fun game albeit easy and not terribly long. I still have a ton of side quests and characters to unlock so we shall see if I go back to it or just trade it in eventually. I am currently addicted to Powerstar Golf. Great investment for 20 bucks.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and eagerly awaiting Titanfall, Destiny, KH3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Evolve, The Witcher: Wild Hunt, FF 15, and others.
#10method115Posted 2/11/2014 12:58:33 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
DarkHoles posted...
What do you guys think?

I just wanted to correct you on this part. MS had plenty of stock, Sony struggled to produce units and they also planned to include the PS camera but axed it when they saw MS taking heat for the Kinect. It's pretty obvious Sony was reactionary as usual instead and matching the moves of their competition and not showing any initiative.

Plus they forgot about having any launch games in their mad rush to release before MS which is the worst part.

It's been stated several time by developers that the kits they recieved from MS were incomplete. In fact one developer said they were worried but a new SDK came out that runs flawlessly at 1080p. Having stock does not equal being ready they also sold far less consoles than Sony so that doesn't mean they were ready just didn't need to sell as much.

Sony didn't forget about launch games they just had thier studios still supporting the PS3. Sorry but MS pissed me off Alan Wake is the last new IP MS is going to give me for my 360? While PS3 releases two new IP's knowing that their system is done at the end of the year that's amazing. While most people might not have noticed that I did and I switch to Sony this gen because of that.

I might get an X1 still just cause my bonus was much more than I expected and cause I want to play Titan Fall. Then again I'm thinking of building a gaming PC anyways.
---
PSN: method114