Next-Gen Games... what they MUST include!

#1Juzten76Posted 2/11/2014 12:48:50 PM
I'm just curious about what features you guys think should be standard for PS4 and Xbox One games this generation?

I have a few ideas of what I think should absolutely be included for every game.

1. The ability to remap controls.
2. Robust sound settings. I want to be able to adjust the volume of cut-scenes, sound effects, dialogue, and music all separately.
3. HUD adjustments. Let me adjust what and where I can put on the screen.
4. Bug reports. When I encounter a bug, I should be able to report it in game.
5. No texture pop-in.
6. Load screens have got to go! I'm fine with a game loading when I first boot it up and start a saved game, but once I'm in the game there's no reason I should have to sit for 5 to 20 seconds waiting to enter or exit a building. Tomb Raider never loads once you start playing and that was done last-gen. Nothing pulls me out of a game more than opening a door and suddenly staring at a load screen.

I have others, but this is just off the top of my head. I know some games have already broke these rules, but I think it's completely logical for these features to be included in future games. I'm really amazed that some games still don't include #1 and #2. Gamers love having more control over a game, so it's hard to believe the people who developed these games were ever gamers themselves.
#22ndAtomiskPosted 2/11/2014 1:03:59 PM
I like your points and agree with most of them. I don't really have an issue with loading screens. Exploring a big open world then loading to go into a big open town is fine with me. Maybe cut back on them when you're inside town though. Like you mentioned, get rid of them when entering buildings (like in Dragon's Dogma) unless said building leads to a Bitter Black Isle sized dungeon or something.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#3Strav23Posted 2/11/2014 1:14:36 PM
Skyrim is such an amazing game but those load screens..... I hope they improve on that for there next game (fallout 4) rather then making it the nicest looking game where is has to load all the time
#4Juzten76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 1:24:13 PM
Strav23 posted...
Skyrim is such an amazing game but those load screens..... I hope they improve on that for there next game (fallout 4) rather then making it the nicest looking game where is has to load all the time

Skyrim was exactly what I had in mind. Red Dead Redemption allowed you to walk into the bar and play poker with no load screens and it was a huge benefit to the atmosphere and immersion. You could see the outside world still going on while sitting at the poker table. Storms would roll through, the sun would rise and set, and you just felt like you were there. In Skyrim, it doesn't matter how the weather is or what time of day it is when you're in a building you couldn't tell.
#5Juzten76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 2:14:09 PM
No other ideas? Damn. I know this post isn't edgy or have any fodder for the fanboys, but I figured it would get more replies. : (