Just watched theif on the console

#1Lawboy2Posted 2/11/2014 1:09:06 PM
Man I think this game looks interesting...but I'm trying to save for watchdogs...anybody else getting this game
#2Juzten76Posted 2/11/2014 1:11:07 PM
Yes. Have you played the previous games on PC? I had the first Thief and absolutely loved it. I never got a chance to play the sequel or sequels. I love when a game gives you the option to make it through the entire game without even being spotted.
#3EllesarienPosted 2/11/2014 1:13:57 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Yes. Have you played the previous games on PC? I had the first Thief and absolutely loved it. I never got a chance to play the sequel or sequels. I love when a game gives you the option to make it through the entire game without even being spotted.

Thief 1 & 2 were EXCELLENT games. I use to have a rule where I had to knock out EVERY enemy on a level and it used to take me days sometimes to do it but I have so many good memories of those games.

Let's just say it wasn't as easy as hiding in waist high brush and whistling (Yes...ACIV...I am looking at you).
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#4Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 1:16:39 PM
Did u guys see the new old school modes....this game has so many ways u can play it.....that gives automatic replay value I think it's cool...I hope it has decent amount of hours to complete somewhere around 40 to go straight thru and 60-70 to complete the whole game
#5Juzten76Posted 2/11/2014 1:18:09 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Thief 1 & 2 were EXCELLENT games. I use to have a rule where I had to knock out EVERY enemy on a level and it used to take me days sometimes to do it but I have so many good memories of those games.

Let's just say it wasn't as easy as hiding in waist high brush and whistling (Yes...ACIV...I am looking at you).

Yeah, I really hope Thief is more challenging than AC. That game is like playing on cruise control and it's become worse and worse with each one.
#6shuggyconeheadPosted 2/11/2014 1:25:52 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Yeah, I really hope Thief is more challenging than AC. That game is like playing on cruise control and it's become worse and worse with each one.

Really? Black Flag is what got me back into the series. I thought they did an excellent job with it.
---
GT:shuggyconehead
#7cheezedadadaPosted 2/11/2014 1:27:25 PM
I was a huge fan of the first couple Thief games. Someone I work with actually made some textures for Looking Glass Studios and they were used in-game. I really hope this new one ends up being good because I am looking forward to it.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
FINALLY got my Xbox One! PS4 soon. Add me.
#8Special-EddPosted 2/11/2014 1:28:08 PM
I think it comes out the same day as Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. It is going to have to go on the back burner for a bit but I loved the original games. They were quite challenging and fun.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9Juzten76Posted 2/11/2014 1:29:23 PM
shuggyconehead posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Really? Black Flag is what got me back into the series. I thought they did an excellent job with it.

Don't get me wrong. I think Black Flag is a great game. It's just that a lot of things are done for you and it never really feels very challenging. I may have worded that wrong. I didn't mean the games got worse and worse. The games got more and more dumbed down. Also, I really enjoy AC games for the first half, but then I get bored just about the time I get half way through. I've always had to take an extended break before jumping back in.
#10streamjumperPosted 2/11/2014 1:30:16 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Man I think this game looks interesting...but I'm trying to save for watchdogs...anybody else getting this game

We're not seeing Watchdogs until about 3-5 months from now. We're seeing Thief in 2 weeks. 2 Months minimum should be long enough to save up $60 based on scrounging cans & bottles to recycle at the very least.

Solved your problem for you. Grab Thief and enjoy it while you save up for Watchdogs... or trade it back in and save up the difference if it turns out to not deliver... or if you finish and don't anticipate replaying it.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...