Xbox One to score multiplayer update, stereo headset

#1skermacPosted 2/11/2014 2:24:12 PM
Good news!

Xbox One owners can look forward to another update and a dedicated headset coming in March.

A list of your Xbox friends will appear on the homepage of the Friends app for easier access. You can then see who's online and pick the people you want to contact. Party chat will be enabled by default when you launch into party mode. You'll also be able to chat with anyone online or just with those playing the same game you're playing.

An "Invite friends to game" option will pop up inside the menus of games, helping you more quickly stir up some multiplayer action. And a "Recent Players" lists shows you all the Xbox Live subscribers who recently joined you for a multiplayer match. Other features are destined for the March update, which Microsoft promises to detail over the next few days and weeks.

Also set to debut in early March is a stereo headset geared for the Xbox One. As described by Whitten, the headset will offer a full-range (20Hz - 20kHz) audio spectrum for deep bass and clear high frequencies. A unidirectional microphone will join the headset's over-the-ear speakers.

The headset will include a detachable adapter from which you can control the volume, microphone, and other features. The adapter itself will ship as a separate item that you can use with your existing headsets. The Xbox One headset will run $80, while the adapter will cost $25.

In the meantime, Xbox One owners expecting an update on Tuesday will have to wait a bit longer. Xbox Director of Programming Larry Hyrb, aka Major Nelson, revealed that the February update has been postponed until sometime this week while the team finalizes it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57618713-75/xbox-one-to-score-multiplayer-update-stereo-headset/
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Enigma149Posted 2/11/2014 2:25:51 PM
So, $80 for a cheap headset apparently isn't enough - now MS has to rip off its customers with a $25 adapter? Why?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 2:26:49 PM
Enigma149 posted...
So, $80 for a cheap headset apparently isn't enough - now MS has to rip off its customers with a $25 adapter? Why?

Because its MS?
---
#4kingbahamut83Posted 2/11/2014 2:59:41 PM
This headset looks like it would break after a week. I plan to get the TB XO Four when it comes out.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#5skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 8:49:22 PM
kingbahamut83 posted...
This headset looks like it would break after a week. I plan to get the TB XO Four when it comes out.

I don't think it will last a week.
---
#6Foxx3kPosted 2/11/2014 9:16:26 PM
skermac posted...
kingbahamut83 posted...

I don't think it will last a week.

MS Headsets are garbage. I went through three or four of them on the 360 before I discovered Turtle Beach X11s back in early 2008, I think.

My Xbone headset was even dead on arrival.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]