Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox
2 years ago#1
Two influential Microsoft shareholders have been pushing the Redmond software giant to abandon what they view as non-essential product lines so that Microsoft can focus on its core strength: selling enterprise software to businesses. Nadella has spent the last seven months running Microsoft's $20 billion server and tools division, so he could be ideally suited to manage that transition.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/05/investors-want-microsofts-new-ceo-to-kill-xbox-bing-and-surface/

o.O
2 years ago#2
It's a valid concern for the investor to raise.

Microsoft's strength isn't really in hardware. Surface and WP8 seem to indicate that pretty strongly. I seem to recall that under Microsoft's structure, their Xbox division isn't profitable. I don't know if that's because Surface and WP8 and Bing are all wrapped up in that or not.

Just because Xbox has a lot of fans and is a decent product doesn't mean that's it's profitable or that it's good for Microsoft's strategic plan, or what investors want that strategic plan to be.

Frankly, I doubt Microsoft will dump the Xbox brand. I can picture Amazon or Google or Apple (probably not Apple) or something gobbling it up in a worst case scenario.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
2 years ago#3
Oh look, another troll topic and another troll account to throw into the ignore list. Fantastic.
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
2 years ago#4
Decimator11 posted...
Oh look, another troll topic and another troll account to throw into the ignore list. Fantastic.

Well, that was a fast burnout.
2 years ago#5
samuraigaiden posted...
Well, that was a fast burnout.

Lawlz. Interesting read TC.
GT: Falchion Sensei
2 years ago#6
It's funny. When I posted a blog thread like his, where there were estimates of Sony going bankrupt in 2 years, it was taken down for off topic posting. When I asked the moderator why, he said because I posted a blog as news.

Anyway they can't kill the Xbox, so the story is irrelevant. It's doing well and has an established fan base. Does anyone expect MS to just say **** it, we're sorry but a couple of share holders don't want us doing this any more.

Give me a break, troll.
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
2 years ago#7
kill xbox as in destroy the brand? no
selling the brand? possible
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
2 years ago#8
Yes, let's definitely get rid of one of the most successful company brands. That won't end badly at all. No negative press there, for sure.
GT: bac0n01
PSN: The_Crispy_Bacon
2 years ago#9
Yeah this has been posted multiple times and from what we know they are profiting with Xbox. That's what has been shown. Just like it was shown when they weren't.
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
2 years ago#10
read topic as "Investors want to kill microsoft's new ceo"

im like, damn..
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived