Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox

#21DamnEvilDogPosted 2/11/2014 9:46:06 PM
samuraigaiden posted...
Two influential Microsoft shareholders have been pushing the Redmond software giant to abandon what they view as non-essential product lines so that Microsoft can focus on its core strength: selling enterprise software to businesses. Nadella has spent the last seven months running Microsoft's $20 billion server and tools division, so he could be ideally suited to manage that transition.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/05/investors-want-microsofts-new-ceo-to-kill-xbox-bing-and-surface/

o.O

This is most assuredly is a troll topic, ether that or your are blind to the fact this topic was posted before.

Do a search next time if you do not know better IF you are non the wiser, things like are used to troll the board for no reason at all then for trolls with no life to bother people who decided to get an Xbox One.
#22HiddenRoarPosted 2/12/2014 12:34:58 PM
DamnEvilDog posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Two influential Microsoft shareholders have been pushing the Redmond software giant to abandon what they view as non-essential product lines so that Microsoft can focus on its core strength: selling enterprise software to businesses. Nadella has spent the last seven months running Microsoft's $20 billion server and tools division, so he could be ideally suited to manage that transition.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/05/investors-want-microsofts-new-ceo-to-kill-xbox-bing-and-surface/

o.O

This is most assuredly is a troll topic, ether that or your are blind to the fact this topic was posted before.

Do a search next time if you do not know better IF you are non the wiser, things like are used to troll the board for no reason at all then for trolls with no life to bother people who decided to get an Xbox One.

HiddenRoar posted...

The thing is, this news is on Gamefaqs own website:

http://i.imgur.com/h4Q9xSo.jpg

while that PlayStation news hasn't been picked up by any other reliable source.
#23samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 1:25:52 PM
This is not trolling, it's NEWS. It's not saying Microsoft is going bankrupt, it's not saying Xbox is going to die. It's news about shareholders pressuring the new CEO to change strategy.

Please, people, grow up and learn to have a normal conversation about stuff.
#24gobuffalo30Posted 2/12/2014 2:27:45 PM
They can't, they see something they do like and they have to behave this way. They can't simply ignore a topic, they have to come in and respond. They see an opinion they don't like, they can't ignore ita nod have to call someone a pony. People just can't handle it.
#25pwnater777Posted 2/12/2014 2:30:39 PM
Bad news = trolling, apparently. But how? This makes no sense.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#26SonyPonyTonyPosted 2/12/2014 2:32:10 PM
TC is right. Sony is the one going bankrupt in 2 years, not MS.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/02/sony-has-78-chance-to-go-bankrupt-in-two-years-says-macroaxis/

The news he's reporting is that two shareholders on the MS board want to sell off the Xbox brand which isn't going to happen for numerous reasons.
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 2/12/2014 2:42:59 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Bad news = trolling, apparently. But how? This makes no sense.

This isn't news, its gossip exaggerated and editorialized to a significant extent by an outlet known for neither gaming news nor accurate tech news. These two not at all "influential" investors have been asking for this long before now, and are factually, with certainty, not getting it. Note, they also want to get rid of Bing... use your brain here guy... the new CEO was one of the main dudes behind Bing. Bing and Xbox are both currently profitable divisions with huge potential in the services arena (what the new CEO comes from and MS is said to be focusing on). In what world is this really news that two very out of touch investors want something in direct conflict with what both the new CEO AND Bill Gates want? It isn't happening, this isn't newsworthy, it's just troll bait for people who know literally nothing about the current state of MS.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#28yiangaruuugaPosted 2/12/2014 5:09:19 PM
If Microsoft drops its Xbox Division, then I'm sure Sony will end up dropping it's Playstation Division as well seeing how the PS3 almost bankrupted Sony, and Nintendo isn't doing too well either.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#29HiddenRoarPosted 2/12/2014 6:47:02 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
This isn't news, its gossip exaggerated and editorialized to a significant extent by an outlet known for neither gaming news nor accurate tech news. These two not at all "influential" investors have been asking for this long before now, and are factually, with certainty, not getting it. Note, they also want to get rid of Bing... use your brain here guy... the new CEO was one of the main dudes behind Bing. Bing and Xbox are both currently profitable divisions with huge potential in the services arena (what the new CEO comes from and MS is said to be focusing on). In what world is this really news that two very out of touch investors want something in direct conflict with what both the new CEO AND Bill Gates want? It isn't happening, this isn't newsworthy, it's just troll bait for people who know literally nothing about the current state of MS.

HiddenRoar posted...

The thing is, this news is on Gamefaqs own website:

http://i.imgur.com/h4Q9xSo.jpg
#30justchill433Posted 2/12/2014 6:54:31 PM
I could see it happen and it would be a smart move. Microsoft loses money on the xbox brand. If you have a failing division it's sometimes better to just get rid of it.

And yes I do think Sony will end up going bankrupt and dropping their unprofitable divisions. Thing is, Playstation makes money while Xbox doesn't.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*