Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox

#31rgwPosted 2/12/2014 8:14:48 PM
All of the console makers are going to drop their consoles because they're failing.
---
rgw
--
#32Laylow12Posted 2/12/2014 9:06:41 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
Rome218 posted...
It's funny. When I posted a blog thread like his, where there were estimates of Sony going bankrupt in 2 years, it was taken down for off topic posting. When I asked the moderator why, he said because I posted a blog as news.

Anyway they can't kill the Xbox, so the story is irrelevant. It's doing well and has an established fan base. Does anyone expect MS to just say **** it, we're sorry but a couple of share holders don't want us doing this any more.

Give me a break, troll.

The thing is, this news is on Gamefaqs own website:

http://i.imgur.com/h4Q9xSo.jpg

while that PlayStation news hasn't been picked up by any other reliable source.

He's been trolling the PS4 for months now. Im not surprised he got burned for that troll post.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#33Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2014 9:08:30 PM
yiangaruuuga posted...
If Microsoft drops its Xbox Division, then I'm sure Sony will end up dropping it's Playstation Division as well seeing how the PS3 almost bankrupted Sony, and Nintendo isn't doing too well either.

Sony is the only company doing extremely well this generation.

Microsoft shot its load early on with its sales to diehard MS fanboys, now you see places such as Walmart giving s*** away just so people will buy an Xbone, or Amazon dropping the price for a sale, I mean.. come on, a sale so soon?
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#34cmincPosted 2/12/2014 9:35:29 PM
I love xbox ip, but hate the consoles. Its an interesting spot to be in, let me tell you, but im fairly confident the billion dollar losses that are reported, are reported on a hardware balance sheet thats not meant to report net profits gained by the presence of the reported loss.

I can see no way things like microtransactions, xbox live subscriptions, xbox live games, ms dlc, royalties, dashboard advertising, movie rentals, apps, music purchases, user and usage data and xbox licensing do anything but make microsoft richer, and all these things have a hard time existing if xbox ceases to be a thing thats owned by ms.

Shareholders have money and with that comes the illusion of a say. It doesnt mean shareholders are worth listening to and it certainly doesnt mean theyre smart.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#35Golden MavenPosted 2/12/2014 9:49:41 PM
This topic, and a lot of the responses are simply mind numbing. I'm glad people like scoobydont post, but gee look everyone is ignoring reality and would rather go along with this fanboy fantasy.

Keep on hating, the XBox isn't going anywhere.
#36justchill433Posted 2/12/2014 10:09:12 PM
cminc posted...
I love xbox ip, but hate the consoles. Its an interesting spot to be in, let me tell you, but im fairly confident the billion dollar losses that are reported, are reported on a hardware balance sheet thats not meant to report net profits gained by the presence of the reported loss.

I can see no way things like microtransactions, xbox live subscriptions, xbox live games, ms dlc, royalties, dashboard advertising, movie rentals, apps, music purchases, user and usage data and xbox licensing do anything but make microsoft richer, and all these things have a hard time existing if xbox ceases to be a thing thats owned by ms.

Shareholders have money and with that comes the illusion of a say. It doesnt mean shareholders are worth listening to and it certainly doesnt mean theyre smart.

Well when people talk about overall revenue they include the entire brand life. The original Xbox lost a decent bit of money. The Xbox 360 only had a small loss because of the ridiculous amounts of money the RROD fiasco caused. For the Xbox One, they just spent a crap ton on R&D for the console and haven't recouped their costs. The Xbox One will most likely post a nice profit at the end of the generation (even if the Xbox One only sells around 40 million consoles), though it still probably won't make up for the losses of the older consoles. As long as there's no unforeseen disaster like RROD they should do fine.

The Xbox One is not going anywhere and it will live a long life. As for if there will be another Microsoft console, that depends on how the Xbox One does this gen (again, it should post profits).
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#37krystylaPosted 2/12/2014 11:35:06 PM
justchill433 posted...
cminc posted...

Well when people talk about overall revenue they include the entire brand life. The original Xbox lost a decent bit of money. The Xbox 360 only had a small loss because of the ridiculous amounts of money the RROD fiasco caused. For the Xbox One, they just spent a crap ton on R&D for the console and haven't recouped their costs. The Xbox One will most likely post a nice profit at the end of the generation (even if the Xbox One only sells around 40 million consoles), though it still probably won't make up for the losses of the older consoles. As long as there's no unforeseen disaster like RROD they should do fine.

The Xbox One is not going anywhere and it will live a long life. As for if there will be another Microsoft console, that depends on how the Xbox One does this gen (again, it should post profits).

The 360 became profitable in 2007 despite RRoD...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#38justchill433Posted 2/13/2014 1:02:55 AM
krystyla posted...
justchill433 posted...
cminc posted...

Made a profit, yes. Overcame all the R&D costs, RROD costs from the year before, etc... no it didn't.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#39Spetsnaz420Posted 2/13/2014 4:47:21 AM
justchill433 posted...
cminc posted...

OTB: MS selling xbox = impossible
Sony going bankrupt = gospel truth
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#40HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/13/2014 4:59:33 AM
justchill433 posted...
krystyla posted...
justchill433 posted...
cminc posted...

Made a profit, yes. Overcame all the R&D costs, RROD costs from the year before, etc... no it didn't.

Not in 2007, but by January 2012 the Xbox division had in total brought in more profit than losses since Xbox 360 launched, despite Kin and Zune dragging the division down.

For a brief history:
* = estimate

Original Xbox : - $3.75 Billion loss*
Xbox 360 : + $1.5 Billion profit * (ongoing)
Xbox division since Xbox One launch: + $841 million (ongoing)

Gross deficit - $1.41B loss
Asset value of Xbox brand - up to $23Billion
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg