Investors want Microsoft's new CEO to kill Xbox

#41embrandedonePosted 2/13/2014 4:44:14 PM
if the insider sources are true that Xbox division's losses are hidden then I fully expect it to be branched off some time in 2015-2016
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#42scoobydoobydontPosted 2/13/2014 5:25:02 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
This isn't news, its gossip exaggerated and editorialized to a significant extent by an outlet known for neither gaming news nor accurate tech news. These two not at all "influential" investors have been asking for this long before now, and are factually, with certainty, not getting it. Note, they also want to get rid of Bing... use your brain here guy... the new CEO was one of the main dudes behind Bing. Bing and Xbox are both currently profitable divisions with huge potential in the services arena (what the new CEO comes from and MS is said to be focusing on). In what world is this really news that two very out of touch investors want something in direct conflict with what both the new CEO AND Bill Gates want? It isn't happening, this isn't newsworthy, it's just troll bait for people who know literally nothing about the current state of MS.

HiddenRoar posted...

The thing is, this news is on Gamefaqs own website:

http://i.imgur.com/h4Q9xSo.jpg

Implying GS is above reposting groundless speculation or has any integrity? I'm not sure what your point is... gaming "journalists" have a bad reputation for a reason.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#43darkstar4221Posted 2/13/2014 5:34:54 PM(edited)
The only reason why Microsoft is profitable is because of their monopoly in the home computer market. The sentiment with consumers is that there is a lot of people who are sick and tired of windows.

Because Microsoft is a monopoly it's in their nature to be corrupt. The Xbox1 is so overpriced and and so anti-consumer, they can't even do that right.