Why do so many people hate on Titanfall?

#61Jedi454Posted 2/12/2014 2:27:03 AM
I completely agree with you, I think EA's problem is them wanting to continue Game series and have them released way too early. If Titanfall does fail, I will not support them as a publisher any longer.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#62TrueGBPosted 2/12/2014 2:41:06 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Heracylost posted...
dnmt posted...
Pinoy441 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
It's not "made" by EA.

Mass Effect 3 wasn't "made" by EA as well

Look how that turned out.

And SimCity.

And Battlefield 4.

And Dead Space 3.

And.. well, you get the gist.

Don't talk Dead Space 3, ME3... It makes me sad inside...

People seem to forget that Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, etc were published by EA too and what exactly was wrong with them?

Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age were completed by the time EA purchased Bioware. They had absolutely nothing to do with the development of those games. Dead Space was developed by way of the EA partners program. Again, EA had nothing to do with the development of that game. I don't know about Bad Company.
Dragon Age 2, however, was developed under the watchful eye of EA and it was a disaster. Dead Space 2 had multiplayer tacked on. Dead Space 3 was okay, but clearly watered down. Mass Effect 3...we all know that story.

Titanfall is an EA game. It will get a new release every year. It will be loaded with DLC. It will have bugs that will never be fixed (check GameSpot for a recent interview where EA says they don't care about bugs if a game sells). EA has already said its sequels will be multiplats.

The real shocker isn't whether or not the game will suck, but people actually dismissing the possibility that the above won't be true. Of course, I'd rather be wrong, but come on...it's E-bloody-A!
---
Future Billionaire
#63CarpetfluffPosted 2/12/2014 2:41:30 AM
skermac posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Because it's popular and all things popular are hated.

I believe you! But it doesn't look generic to me.

I thought that until I watched people play it, and even if it's designed to be different it still looked like every COD match I've ever seen, but with the occasional trip in a mech. Now, that might change once people play it more, and I'm sure it'll be fun either way, but it doesn't look much different than games that have gone before, so it's no surprise it's being labelled generic.
#64Nathalmighty1Posted 2/12/2014 2:42:09 AM
Why all of the love and worship for this game? It isn't even out yet.

Its made by the same folk that developed cod, I don't like cod anymore so that's a negative for this game. While it has some interesting ideas to make it unique it has a ton of drawbacks for me personally.

The only reason this gets sooo much love and hate is because it's the 'semi exclusive' that Xbox fans big up and gloat about. So the die hard Sony fans hate on it in return.

I'm sure people will enjoy the game but drop the fanboyism from both sides and the game just doesn't look anything special.
#65FistersaurusPosted 2/12/2014 2:42:24 AM
CallOfDookie posted...
casper316 posted...
CallOfDookie posted...
Another generic run of the mill shooter! The sequel should be awesome though! Considering it'll also be on the PS4.

nice to have dreams pony.

It's not a dream! It's reality ;) You think EA is going to ignore the millions of PS4 fans so Microsoft can have an exclusive to brag about? You probably do! That's cute!

So, from what I can make you're saying is that Titanfall will suck because it's not on PS4 but the sequel which nobody knows anything about will be great cos it might be on PS4?

I fail to see the logic behind your words.. But it makes you look like a HUGE fanboy.
#66dnmtPosted 2/12/2014 2:47:34 AM(edited)
TrueGB posted...
Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age were completed by the time EA purchased Bioware. They had absolutely nothing to do with the development of those games. Dead Space was developed by way of the EA partners program. Again, EA had nothing to do with the development of that game. I don't know about Bad Company.
Dragon Age 2, however, was developed under the watchful eye of EA and it was a disaster. Dead Space 2 had multiplayer tacked on. Dead Space 3 was okay, but clearly watered down. Mass Effect 3...we all know that story.

Titanfall is an EA game. It will get a new release every year. It will be loaded with DLC. It will have bugs that will never be fixed (check GameSpot for a recent interview where EA says they don't care about bugs if a game sells). EA has already said its sequels will be multiplats.

The real shocker isn't whether or not the game will suck, but people actually dismissing the possibility that the above won't be true. Of course, I'd rather be wrong, but come on...it's E-bloody-A!

I learned my lesson with BF4, that's for damn sure. TF will have to be nothing short of incredible (and bug free) for me to consider buying it. Looking forward to the beta either way.
#67darthsniderPosted 2/12/2014 2:50:24 AM
No issue with Titanfall. It looks pretty awesome.

That said, I don't have a 360 or a gaming PC, and I'm not going to buy an Xbone for one game.
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
NNID: PHIbot
#68Jedi454Posted 2/12/2014 2:51:07 AM
dnmt posted...
TrueGB posted...

I learned my lesson with BF4, that's for damn sure. TF will have to be nothing short of incredible (and bug free) for me to consider buying it. Looking forward to the beta either way.

Hopefully their touch on Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't destroy that game too. From what i've seen it actually looks fantastic.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#69Rome218Posted 2/12/2014 2:52:51 AM
I see this game getting nothing but love from xbox fans. The only people hating on it are the usual people who hate on everything Xbox One related and have been here for months talking down on it.

The PS4 boards are boring, just like the console.. well it's harder to jump ship to a PS4 to an xbox one, but it's easier to go from the PS4 boards to the Xbox One boards.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#70dnmtPosted 2/12/2014 2:55:19 AM(edited)
darthsnider posted...
No issue with Titanfall. It looks pretty awesome.

That said, I don't have a 360 or a gaming PC, and I'm not going to buy an Xbone for one game.

You don't need a gaming PC to play TF as it was made on the Source engine which is infinitely scale-able. Any PC made in the last 5 or 6 years will run it just fine.

Jedi454 posted...
dnmt posted...
TrueGB posted...

Hopefully their touch on Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't destroy that game too. From what i've seen it actually looks fantastic.

Have you seen any real gameplay vids? I only remember that one CG trailer, which was cool on its own but didn't reveal much of the actual game.