Wow! Gamestop has a layway program for X1's

#1dolablaPosted 2/11/2014 9:58:03 PM
Because they haven't been able to sell many X1's? Wow, is this true? http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/gamestop-advertising-layaway-program-xbox-one-ps4-doesnt-one/
#2Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 2/11/2014 10:02:13 PM
They have sold a lot of Xbox One consoles dough.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#31nternationa7Posted 2/11/2014 10:03:17 PM
Sorry but what is a layaway program? Never heard of something like that.
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#4dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 10:08:56 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
Sorry but what is a layaway program? Never heard of something like that.

A layaway program is an agreement in which the seller reserves an item for a consumer until the consumer completes all the payments necessary to pay for that item.
#51nternationa7Posted 2/11/2014 10:11:07 PM
Ahh thanks! And yeah, doesn't make sense then considering there are so many xbox ones littering shelves. It's not like they are going to go anywhere...
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#6PulpPosted 2/11/2014 10:17:17 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
Ahh thanks! And yeah, doesn't make sense then considering there are so many xbox ones littering shelves. It's not like they are going to go anywhere...

It's not so much about reserving one, it's about paying for one in small installments. Generally, poorer folks who never learned how to be responsible and save money on their own tend to purchase things on layaway.

Oh well, I always like interesting new ways to market and sell stuff...but if you need to put it on layaway, you should probably NOT be spending your free time gaming.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#7dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 10:19:18 PM
Yep, they must be desperate to sell them. Just to get any little money they can get ($25 in this case).

Usually you might would put something on layaway if you happen to be in the store one day and they have an item that's really hard to find, but you might not have the money at that time to fully pay for it; then you put it on layaway and they hold it for you. They usually ask for you to put down a certain amount of money/percentage.
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/11/2014 10:26:06 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
it makes sense because layaway programs are most used by people who desperately want something they can't afford immediately. therefore they pay a little at a time, so they won't spend it on anything else. make whatever judgments on those people you like, but that is the explanation you were looking for.

btw ... I thought layaway went away in the 1970s.
#91nternationa7Posted 2/11/2014 10:31:52 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
it makes sense because layaway programs are most used by people who desperately want something they can't afford immediately. therefore they pay a little at a time, so they won't spend it on anything else. make whatever judgments on those people you like, but that is the explanation you were looking for.

btw ... I thought layaway went away in the 1970s.

So they would be able to take it home before payments are done? That would make more sense then.
---
#10SunDevil77Posted 2/11/2014 10:34:33 PM
dolabla posted...
Yep, they must be desperate to sell them. Just to get any little money they can get ($25 in this case).

Usually you might would put something on layaway if you happen to be in the store one day and they have an item that's really hard to find, but you might not have the money at that time to fully pay for it; then you put it on layaway and they hold it for you. They usually ask for you to put down a certain amount of money/percentage.

Lol you suck at being subtle
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539