Do you think Microsoft would buy out Respawn

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think Microsoft would buy out Respawn

User Info: 120x45

120x45
3 years ago#1
Especially if Titanfall does well and they want it to remain exclusive on their platforms? I would think that since Microsoft doesn't have that many first party developers that they'd probably buy some out.

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
3 years ago#2
It wouldn't make much sense to buy a developer that is brand new, and only has one IP. If MS were to buy a new studio they should buy a more established one, not a one trick pony so to speak.

User Info: dementedlullaby

dementedlullaby
3 years ago#3
If it does well I doubt EA will want to sell Respawn.
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie

User Info: lunaticcore

lunaticcore
3 years ago#4
Microsoft doesn't want to hurt relations with EA. This isn't happening. EA is banking on this being a huge IP for them for years.

User Info: Freezor1

Freezor1
3 years ago#5
Im hoping they do buy them out.
Gamertag: Freezor 3DS Fc:0361-6745-1862

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
3 years ago#6
Only if Respawn wants to be bought off. I think the IP's don't even belong to Respawn itself but the two guys in charge of Respawn have all the rights to the game.
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: 3HP

3HP
3 years ago#7
dementedlullaby posted...
If it does well I doubt EA will want to sell Respawn.

EA doesnt own respawn.

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
3 years ago#8
lunaticcore posted...
Microsoft doesn't want to hurt relations with EA. This isn't happening. EA is banking on this being a huge IP for them for years.

If MS wanted to keep Titanfall exclusive they could start negotiations w/ respawn just to get EA to agree to keeping Titanfall exclusive to Xbox.

Make them choose, not coerce them, between keeping Tianfall exclusive for reimbursement or losing Titanfall completely.

I doubt they'd do that though.
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 years ago#9
krystyla posted...
lunaticcore posted...

If MS wanted to keep Titanfall exclusive they could start negotiations w/ respawn just to get EA to agree to keeping Titanfall exclusive to Xbox.

Make them choose, not coerce them, between keeping Tianfall exclusive for reimbursement or losing Titanfall completely.

This already happened but other way around. MS paid EA a bunch of money to keep titanfall off other consoles. Respawn was not happy about that.
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
3 years ago#10
ArkonBlade posted...
krystyla posted...
lunaticcore posted...

This already happened but other way around. MS paid EA a bunch of money to keep titanfall off other consoles. Respawn was not happy about that.

I don't remember them being unhappy about it but as it is common w/ rumours the content is up for interpretation.
Imho it would be more likely annoy them the decision went over their head and if they have a deal of money per game sold even more so, but I can't really imagine they were cut out of the negotiations.
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think Microsoft would buy out Respawn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived