Do you think Microsoft would buy out Respawn

#1120x45Posted 2/11/2014 9:57:22 PM
Especially if Titanfall does well and they want it to remain exclusive on their platforms? I would think that since Microsoft doesn't have that many first party developers that they'd probably buy some out.
#2PorungaPosted 2/11/2014 10:01:07 PM
It wouldn't make much sense to buy a developer that is brand new, and only has one IP. If MS were to buy a new studio they should buy a more established one, not a one trick pony so to speak.
#3dementedlullabyPosted 2/11/2014 10:01:34 PM
If it does well I doubt EA will want to sell Respawn.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#4lunaticcorePosted 2/11/2014 10:03:06 PM
Microsoft doesn't want to hurt relations with EA. This isn't happening. EA is banking on this being a huge IP for them for years.
#5Freezor1Posted 2/11/2014 10:03:19 PM
Im hoping they do buy them out.
---
Gamertag: Freezor 3DS Fc:0361-6745-1862
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/11/2014 10:04:07 PM
Only if Respawn wants to be bought off. I think the IP's don't even belong to Respawn itself but the two guys in charge of Respawn have all the rights to the game.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#73HPPosted 2/11/2014 10:27:09 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
If it does well I doubt EA will want to sell Respawn.

EA doesnt own respawn.
#8krystylaPosted 2/11/2014 10:35:06 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Microsoft doesn't want to hurt relations with EA. This isn't happening. EA is banking on this being a huge IP for them for years.

If MS wanted to keep Titanfall exclusive they could start negotiations w/ respawn just to get EA to agree to keeping Titanfall exclusive to Xbox.

Make them choose, not coerce them, between keeping Tianfall exclusive for reimbursement or losing Titanfall completely.

I doubt they'd do that though.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#9ArkonBladePosted 2/11/2014 10:46:49 PM
krystyla posted...
lunaticcore posted...

If MS wanted to keep Titanfall exclusive they could start negotiations w/ respawn just to get EA to agree to keeping Titanfall exclusive to Xbox.

Make them choose, not coerce them, between keeping Tianfall exclusive for reimbursement or losing Titanfall completely.

This already happened but other way around. MS paid EA a bunch of money to keep titanfall off other consoles. Respawn was not happy about that.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#10krystylaPosted 2/11/2014 11:04:21 PM
ArkonBlade posted...
krystyla posted...
lunaticcore posted...

This already happened but other way around. MS paid EA a bunch of money to keep titanfall off other consoles. Respawn was not happy about that.

I don't remember them being unhappy about it but as it is common w/ rumours the content is up for interpretation.
Imho it would be more likely annoy them the decision went over their head and if they have a deal of money per game sold even more so, but I can't really imagine they were cut out of the negotiations.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB