Do you guys really think Titanfall is a system seller?

#11nableetPosted 2/12/2014 2:48:04 AM
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
I'm buying an Xbox One for Titanfall, so it's not hypothetical. Titanfall is a system seller, I am proof of that.

That is akin to me saying "I'm buying a PS4 because of BF4, so BF4 is a system seller. I am proof of that."

Defining anything but a console exclusive as a system seller is pretty inaccurate.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#12TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/12/2014 2:49:39 AM
It's not really a matter of opinion. People who don't like the game vote no, and yet there will be consoles sold due to this game alone.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#13krystylaPosted 2/12/2014 2:55:56 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
It's not really a matter of opinion. People who don't like the game vote no, and yet there will be consoles sold due to this game alone.

That's unlikely considering the excess stock MS has of the XBO.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#14Rome218Posted 2/12/2014 3:10:00 AM
dnmt posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
I'm buying an Xbox One for Titanfall, so it's not hypothetical. Titanfall is a system seller, I am proof of that. I also have a PS3 and a broken 360, and if I had a functional 360 I'd use that instead.

But in my case, I'm choosing between buying a $200 system on its way out, a $500 brand new system, or ~$750 upgrading my PC.

I bought a DS for Metroid Prime: Hunters. That's the only other system I've bought because of a single game.

TF is running on the Source engine; a shoebox could play it. If your PC was made in the last 5 or 6 years then you can run it just fine even at 1080p.

I viewed the minimum requirements. You're not going to have it run just fine at 1080p. The last card I got before stopping PC gaming was an 8800GT, which was 600 dollars. I had a high end processor, with the new line up of core 2 duos at the time. Yeah, you can play this with my old PC, but don't pretend it's going to look pristine with anti aliasing, high res, AF.

The source engine is also pretty awesome. I loved it for Left 4 Dead and PayDay. The ragdoll physics are much better than what games like CoD and BF offer, IMO.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#15Waren_Posted 2/12/2014 4:22:58 AM
I dont think titan fall is a system seller but it is one of the best exclusive titles right now for next gen. Something to own if you allready have an Xone and like that kind of game.
#16BDJaycePosted 2/12/2014 4:37:56 AM
Waren_ posted...
I dont think titan fall is a system seller but it is one of the best exclusive titles right now for next gen. Something to own if you allready have an Xone and like that kind of game.

Except, not to repeat the same track over and over, it's not exclusive to the Xbox One nor is it exclusive to the Next Gen. It's going to be on the PC and the Xbox 360.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#17HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/12/2014 4:57:18 AM
Obviously. Why else would ponies be spinning so hard to convince the world otherwise?

Of course the only guys not invited to the greatest show on earth would say "I bet its not that great"...especially when it is. It so is.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#18dnmtPosted 2/12/2014 5:06:54 AM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
dnmt posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
I'm buying an Xbox One for Titanfall, so it's not hypothetical. Titanfall is a system seller, I am proof of that. I also have a PS3 and a broken 360, and if I had a functional 360 I'd use that instead.

But in my case, I'm choosing between buying a $200 system on its way out, a $500 brand new system, or ~$750 upgrading my PC.

I bought a DS for Metroid Prime: Hunters. That's the only other system I've bought because of a single game.

TF is running on the Source engine; a shoebox could play it. If your PC was made in the last 5 or 6 years then you can run it just fine even at 1080p.

I viewed the minimum requirements. You're not going to have it run just fine at 1080p. The last card I got before stopping PC gaming was an 8800GT, which was 600 dollars. I had a high end processor, with the new line up of core 2 duos at the time. Yeah, you can play this with my old PC, but don't pretend it's going to look pristine with anti aliasing, high res, AF.

The source engine is also pretty awesome. I loved it for Left 4 Dead and PayDay. The ragdoll physics are much better than what games like CoD and BF offer, IMO.

You'll still be able to play TF on any old PC just fine, even if it's not with all the bells and whistles that the Xbone version WON'T HAVE ANYWAY. 720p with no AA/AF but costs $500 more.
#19Blizz87Posted 2/12/2014 5:25:59 AM
Only Sony fans trying to reassure themselves that Titanfall won't be big keeps bringing up that fact that it's on PC/360. Fact is the 360 version is the inferior version made by a different studio not by Respawn. The best experiences for Titianfall will be on X1 or PC.

However, Sony fans act like every person under the sun has a high end gaming rig to run the game, nor does everyone have a 360. In fact a gaming rig capable of running Titianfall would cost MORE than a X1. The fact is YES! The x1 will see a sales boost in March. I am not saying it will be a huge sales boost, but it will be decent I am sure. For example, I know three people buying an X1 in March for Titanfall.
#20djwagonPosted 2/12/2014 5:32:02 AM(edited)
jasomramirez666 posted...
Do you guys really think a 6v6 online only game could be a system seller?

I think MS is still going backwards with their gaming ideas. Makes you wonder maybe the top execs are actually right about thinking of axeing the XB and just focus in their strong enterprise products.

here is the bigger ? will all you guys saying this game will be great .do account suicides IF THIS GAME FLOPS.i am on the fence on even rating this thing.back on to the ? on account suicides will you really do it .that means all your accounts and alt

oh and tc you could have asked this ? on this same name topic .THAT WAS ON PAGE ONE STILL http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68540686

---
I used to go by the screen name IMPORTER1.