Wal-Mart is now bundling a free game of your choice with any Xbone purchase

#131StrongBlackVinePosted 2/13/2014 12:20:11 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
I need sales info before I can argue any of that. The fact that they are giving away a game with the console doesn't mean a single thing.

Exactly. By that logic, Sony is doing bad because they're giving away free games (rentals) through PSN. But Sony is actually doing bad as a company, so in that case it's true.

PS+ isn't free though so your point is irrelevant.
#132Evel138Posted 2/13/2014 12:56:07 PM(edited)
Its times like this that I'm reminded of the old "truth hurts" adage....

Your attitude determines your altitude. There isn't a damn thing you have control over in this world except your own attitude. A person sits around for the rest of their lives telling themselves they're a victim and guess what they're going to be? Only its not a victim of "the man", they'll forever be a victim of that man starring back at them in the mirror.

You know what I would consider "being born into a terrible situation"? Being born without one or more of my senses....being paralyzed from the neck down.....yet somehow there are those that persevere.

There is no shame in working hard and yet not reaching ones goals (in fact, there is great dignity even in the lowliest of jobs)...there IS shame in having no goals to reach for and that's one of the biggest problems in this society......people want to sit around playing the victim, but few will actually do something about it.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#133extankerPosted 2/13/2014 2:14:55 PM
Evel138 posted...
Its times like this that I'm reminded of the old "truth hurts" adage....

Your attitude determines your altitude. There isn't a damn thing you have control over in this world except your own attitude. A person sits around for the rest of their lives telling themselves they're a victim and guess what they're going to be? Only its not a victim of "the man", they'll forever be a victim of that man starring back at them in the mirror.

You know what I would consider "being born into a terrible situation"? Being born without one or more of my senses....being paralyzed from the neck down.....yet somehow there are those that persevere.

There is no shame in working hard and yet not reaching ones goals (in fact, there is great dignity even in the lowliest of jobs)...there IS shame in having no goals to reach for and that's one of the biggest problems in this society......people want to sit around playing the victim, but few will actually do something about it.

I think you just went over pretty much everyone's head here. Well said though.
#134Sin_Angelus_Posted 2/13/2014 9:51:50 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...

The word you're looking for is "moot", not "irrelevant", and you're wrong in both cases. I never said PS+ was free, I was referring to the "free" game rentals it offers, since you are essentially paying for online. In the same way you're getting a "free" game with your X1 from Wal-Mart even though you're paying for an X1. In both cases, you're paying for the more expensive item and getting something else for much less, and the company is just taking a hit for a reason that may or may not be financial/sales related.
#135ThunderPotatoPosted 2/13/2014 10:56:26 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
krystyla posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
You know it's a bad sign when the nations largest retailer can't get rid of these things at normal pricing but has to give away a free game just to move all this product they purchased.

I bet they kicking the s*** out of the buyer who decided to buy a metricasston of Xbox Ones

A ton is metric by default...

Low IQ for Xeeh_Bitz confirmed.

School drop out confirmed. Xeeh_Bitz is correct.
---
Even Microsoft's investors want the Xbox gone.
#136IzraeilPosted 2/14/2014 12:03:13 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...

The word you're looking for is "moot", not "irrelevant", and you're wrong in both cases. I never said PS+ was free, I was referring to the "free" game rentals it offers, since you are essentially paying for online. In the same way you're getting a "free" game with your X1 from Wal-Mart even though you're paying for an X1. In both cases, you're paying for the more expensive item and getting something else for much less, and the company is just taking a hit for a reason that may or may not be financial/sales related.

Except PS+ was a thing before you needed it to play online. So saying you're essentially playing for online is completely wrong.
#137Sin_Angelus_Posted 2/14/2014 3:41:09 PM
Izraeil posted...
Except PS+ was a thing before you needed it to play online. So saying you're essentially playing for online is completely wrong.

Except that you are paying to play online now since it's required. So no, I'm not wrong. Anyway, the point is not that the 2 are exactly the same thing anyway, the point is that MS and Sony are both taking a hit to give you games that would normally cost much more. So the guy that mentioned MS is in trouble because they're doing this failed to realize Sony is doing the same thing in a slightly different way.