How Often Does Your Kinect Work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How Often Does Your Kinect Work?

User Info: SampsonM

SampsonM
2 years ago#1
I've seen people say 90-95% of the time.

I would say mine works maybe 50% of the time, and that's being optimistic. It constantly hears the wrong things, or doesn't hear me at all. I've re-calibrated the Kinect multiple times and to no avail.

Is this just how it is, or might I possibly have a defective unit?
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
2 years ago#2
100%, only used it to skype.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
2 years ago#3
Started at around 90% and is now at about 95-97% and my mother tongue is German but I prefer English commands hence my English is rather strongly accented which gave me trouble w/ play and close at the beginning but I've figured it out and improved my English.
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB

User Info: pigman2003

pigman2003
2 years ago#4
In Dead Rising 3 I'd say around 50% but on the dash I'd say 95%-97%, in bing search it could tell the difference between royal and royale, that impressed me.

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
2 years ago#5
95%

are you using the right commands? Or do you think you can say whatever you want and it will translate?

User Info: realyoshdawg

realyoshdawg
2 years ago#6
Mine works most of the time. Every now and then I'll have to say "Xbox on" a few times for it to finally turn on.

My only real complaint with it so far is the motion controls. I'll go to take a sip of a drink or take a bite out of a sandwich and it turns on motion controls thinking I want to do something. I wish there was a way to disable that option.
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
2 years ago#7
realyoshdawg posted...
Mine works most of the time. Every now and then I'll have to say "Xbox on" a few times for it to finally turn on.

My only real complaint with it so far is the motion controls. I'll go to take a sip of a drink or take a bite out of a sandwich and it turns on motion controls thinking I want to do something. I wish there was a way to disable that option.

Mine probably works like 70% of the time. It's mainly when I want to record something or if I want to pause whilst watching a program. This might be due to the TV being just a little too loud, but it really should be able to pick up on what you say considering is best placed around the TV area...
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
2 years ago#8
50%
Xbox on is the one that gives me the most trouble, i always have to say it atleast 5 times
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit

User Info: Bac0n01

Bac0n01
2 years ago#9
I've used it only for voice, I'd say about 85% of the time.
GT: bac0n01
PSN: The_Crispy_Bacon

User Info: SampsonM

SampsonM
2 years ago#10
bob15x posted...
95%

are you using the right commands? Or do you think you can say whatever you want and it will translate?

Things like:

"Xbox, turn off"

"are you sure you want to turn off?"

"Yes"

*nothing*

"Yes!"

*nothing*

*voice commands deactivate*

Also my motion controls never work at all. I can't even get them to activate.
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How Often Does Your Kinect Work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived