How Often Does Your Kinect Work?

#21LooksLikeRainPosted 2/12/2014 8:57:54 AM(edited)
For voice, I'd say about 99% of the time, which is impressive because a speak fast and mash a lot of words together. The only thing that I have trouble with is "Xbox on."

For gestures, I'm not sure. I don't really use gestures.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#22Jiggy101011Posted 2/12/2014 9:03:00 AM
Dead Rising 3 about 65% of the time.

Xbox One dashboard/netflix/tv commands about 95% of the time.

Xbox On about 80% of the time.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#23Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 9:06:51 AM
unless there are other people in the room talking (real people, not surround speakers), it works 100% of the time. i did have a loud fan that caused issues at launch, but none since. it even hears my speaking at a very low volume. it might help that i was taught at an early age, to enunciate clearly.
#24assassin10133Posted 2/12/2014 9:06:58 AM
Mine works most of the time, almost always the first time in dash, sometimes the 2nd or 3rd when I'm watching tv but I also have my center speaker right beside it. Only thing I've used it for in game was in Tomb Raider and again, works 1st time around 85-90% of the time. I'm actually really impressed given how awful the 1st gen Kinect was.
#25weezergabePosted 2/12/2014 11:06:11 AM
Don't have your TV blasting, and it will work every time
---
3DO is still the best console of all time.
#26squarex8264Posted 2/12/2014 11:12:26 AM
Predskull posted...

I didn't know this at the time and wished the console came with a valid command list. I'm sure there is one online now. I over reacted because instead of giving me a small message saying that is not a valid command or simply not doing anything. Oh no it had to launch an unrelated app.

In case you didn't know, there is a full list of commands built into the system. Besides saying whatever is highlighted on the screen, you can just say "Xbox" which brings up an overlay with some commands. In the bottom-right of the overlay, there is a shortcut that says "More commands" or something similar. This will show you all supported commands of the system.

The problem with saying an unsupported command like "Eject disc" is that part of that phrase phonetically sounds like "Netflix". So the way that you said it probably mapped it to think you may have said Netflix and gone in that direction.

As for multiple people being identified as you, you have two options to fix that:
1) When someone else is recognized as you, they can go up to the Sign In button at the top of Home, then choose "I wasn't recognized". This should correct their identity.

2) It could be that when you first set up your Kinect Identity, there were multiple people in the room or it didn't get a good reading on you. If you go under Settings while you are signed in, there is an option to delete your biometric identity. After deleting it, you can set it up again with only you in front of the camera to see if that helps.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#27FinzFan4lifePosted 2/12/2014 12:16:48 PM
SampsonM posted...
I've seen people say 90-95% of the time.

I would say mine works maybe 50% of the time, and that's being optimistic. It constantly hears the wrong things, or doesn't hear me at all. I've re-calibrated the Kinect multiple times and to no avail.

Is this just how it is, or might I possibly have a defective unit?

When you calibrated did you have the volume really loud it seems a lot of people here don't know how to read instructions.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#28jackorhoadsPosted 2/12/2014 2:23:56 PM
60% of the time...it works everytime.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd