Kinect Sports Rivals Coming April 8

#1Dev445Posted 2/12/2014 8:14:45 AM
by Mike Futter

Microsoft and Rare have dated the Xbox One’s inaugural first-party Kinect title. Rare’s Kinect Sport Rivals will be coming in the first days of spring.

The follow up to the pair of Kinect Sports entries on Xbox 360 was at one time expected to accompany the launch of Microsoft’s latest console. It was bumped of the November 22 launch date back in July 2013.

Players will choose one of three teams with which to partner: Viper Network, Eagle Legion, or Wolf Clan. You can check out a new trailer to see each of the duos espouse their leadership prowess while bowling, playing tennis, and shooting water guns. You can read more in our preview from Gamescom 2013.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/kinect_sports_rivals/b/xboxone/archive/2014/02/12/kinect-sports-rivals-coming-april-8.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2bessy67Posted 2/12/2014 8:16:59 AM
Nice. I really enjoy the wake racing demo, hopefully the rest of the game is enjoyable as well.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 8:51:42 AM
^agreed. the wave racing is beautiful. i'm eager to get more of that, and all the other mini games. the bowling and ping pong were already pretty good on the first kinect. their improvements should be interesting.
#4TBONE_OGPosted 2/12/2014 8:58:22 AM
I'm going to finally play that demo this weekend. Looking forward to this game.
---
Always O.G.
#5teehee23Posted 2/12/2014 10:02:33 AM
This is the life and a must have game.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 10:21:44 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
it's pretty damn cool. as with most kinect motion control, you"ll probably tend to over-express your movements. but once you do a few races, you'll start to be more subtle, and even get several perfect laps in a row.
#7bessy67Posted 2/12/2014 10:22:48 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
it's pretty damn cool. as with most kinect motion control, you"ll probably tend to over-express your movements. but once you do a few races, you'll start to be more subtle, and even get several perfect laps in a row.

Fine control is tricky (I have trouble with the challenges involving hitting other racers or activating mines) but overall it works pretty well.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 10:46:01 AM
bessy67 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

Fine control is tricky (I have trouble with the challenges involving hitting other racers or activating mines) but overall it works pretty well.
one thing that helped me at first, was holding something like a tv remote, horizontally in my hands like handle bars. but eventually i went hands free.