New IPs always struggle. Keep you Titanfall expectations in check

#1tobydammitPosted 2/12/2014 10:33:31 AM
Keep in mind, the first Halo only sold 5 million when it was first released. Gears of War only sold 4.7 million. The first Resident Evil sold 2.75 million.

Titanfall will be a success (and the fact that it is multi-platform will definitely help) but people shouldn't expect record-breaking numbers for an unfamiliar new property. Just like film sequels that build on word of mouth from the first film in a series, Titanfall 2 (PS4/XB1/PC) is where EA will make most of their money.

This is just the beginning of what is sure to be a long-running, very successful franchise for EA.
#2DoukouPosted 2/12/2014 10:40:05 AM
Didn't the first AC sell 10 million?
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#3tobydammit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 10:41:05 AM
No. 5 million.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_new_IPs
#4MrImpatient35Posted 2/12/2014 10:53:30 AM
I have hope for this game for several reasons.

1. The guys making it also made a VERY successful game in CoD. It's so popular, it goes hand in hand with the xbox brand to some people. Kinda like how Halo does.
2. It's different than your usual MP game in that the SP is kinda Integrated into the MP. So it's MP/SP mode I guess. They prolly gotta make a new word for it lol.
3. I'm sure plenty of thought and care was given to this game because it's the flagship game for X1. Many are buying the console because of this game, so MS has plenty of reason to make it good.

4. This is only my opinion, but it reminds me of MechAssault, and I LOVED that game!!!! I spent roughly 2 years playing MA2. My friends make fun of me about it all the time.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#5scorpio manPosted 2/12/2014 11:28:18 AM
This is sad do you know how many consoles and gamers there are now compared to those releases? Sad ponies are sad
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#6scorpio manPosted 2/12/2014 11:29:51 AM(edited)
Oh yeah "only sold millions" that's not much to ponies I guess
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 2/12/2014 11:30:47 AM
scorpio man posted...
This is sad do you know how many consoles and gamers there are now compared to those releases? Sad ponies are sad

Very sad indeed, but according to the TC and his expert *anal*ysis selling 4.7 million and 5 million copies is bad for a new franchise, quick someone call Microsoft or Sony to hire this guy he can make them even more millions.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#8DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/12/2014 11:33:53 AM
Lord, a guy posts some facts and everyone starts with the name calling and reassurance.

Horrible fanbase. THAT'S a good reason to avoid TitanfaIl
---
Enslaved is the most under-appreciated game of the 7th generation.
#9Eh-RedPosted 2/12/2014 11:49:30 AM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Lord, a guy posts some facts and everyone starts with the name calling and reassurance.

I will help you out here to understand because that doesn't seem a strong suit for you. People aren't saying anything about the facts. They are commenting on his interpretation of those facts. smh
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 2/12/2014 11:51:27 AM
Eh-Red posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

I will help you out here to understand because that doesn't seem a strong suit for you. People aren't saying anything about the facts. They are commenting on his interpretation of those facts. smh

Thank you, someone who's brain works properly.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita