New IPs always struggle. Keep you Titanfall expectations in check

#11DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/12/2014 11:54:27 AM
Eh-Red posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Lord, a guy posts some facts and everyone starts with the name calling and reassurance.

Horrible fanbase. THAT'S a good reason to avoid TitanfaIl

I will help you out here to understand because that doesn't seem a strong suit for you. People aren't saying anything about the facts. They are commenting on his interpretation of those facts. smh

"This is just the beginning of what is sure to be a long-running, very successful franchise for EA."

What a pony!
---
Enslaved is the most under-appreciated game of the 7th generation.
#12Eh-RedPosted 2/12/2014 11:57:02 AM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Eh-Red posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Lord, a guy posts some facts and everyone starts with the name calling and reassurance.

Horrible fanbase. THAT'S a good reason to avoid TitanfaIl

I will help you out here to understand because that doesn't seem a strong suit for you. People aren't saying anything about the facts. They are commenting on his interpretation of those facts. smh

"This is just the beginning of what is sure to be a long-running, very successful franchise for EA."

What a pony!

That wooshing sound you just heard was the point flying right over your head.
#13RebelGameMasterPosted 2/12/2014 12:03:43 PM
This thread is proof that the Xbots are malfunctioning.
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#14Foxx3kPosted 2/12/2014 12:05:08 PM
I think "Gears of War"-level is about the bar for success for Titanfall. Maybe a little higher due to increased market size.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#152ndAtomiskPosted 2/12/2014 12:13:55 PM
New IPs always struggle.

False.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#16tobydammit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 12:54:07 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
New IPs always struggle.

False.

Do you not see how the numbers increase with each entry in a series? As the public becomes more familiar with a property, sales increase.

So, Halo sold 5 million, Halo 2 sold 7 million and Halo 3 sold 8 million.

Call of Duty 4 sold 5.7 million, Modern Warfare 2 sold 8.3 million and Black Ops sold 9.2 million.

It's simple, really.

Now, in an era where the Tomb Raider reboot can be considered a "relative failure" at 3.4 million, Titanfall could easily be considered a financial disappointment if the numbers come in under 5 million.

All I'm saying is that people should be patient if the numbers don't live up to the hype that's been generated in video game forums. XB1 is in 3.4 million homes worldwide and, believe it or not, not everyone who owns a console is going to buy Titanfall.

Long story short, Titanfall seems like a big deal in the small world of video game press and message boards but it doesn't have the mainstream, household name and public mindshare that other franchises have achieved over time.

Not yet anyway. Hence, the aforementioned struggle.