Anyone else hate the controller?

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 2/12/2014 11:12:16 AM
The brief time I had a 360, the controller felt so comfortable in my hands. The xb1 controller is literally a pain sometimes. Pressing the L1 shoulder button (bumper or trigger, Idr what they call it) kinda hurts a bit, if that makes sense. I never had that problem with a controller other than the xb1 controller
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2Sith JediPosted 2/12/2014 11:15:03 AM
Let's see how long it takes for this topic to devolve into a huge flame war.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 11:16:59 AM
not even the worst controller i've ever used "hurt" my hands. that sounds like a medical issue.
#4TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 11:20:04 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
not even the worst controller i've ever used "hurt" my hands. that sounds like a medical issue.

Maybe if I had the same problem using other controllers, which I don't. Xb1 is far from the only controller with left shoulder buttons.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#5johnnykevPosted 2/12/2014 11:22:02 AM
Nope, I really like the controller. I didn't think anything would be more comfortable than the 360 controller, but the X1 controller is.
---
---
GT and PSN: johnnykev
#6GeistPosted 2/12/2014 11:23:34 AM
I love it. Feels nice and light, great button lay out (I love the new bumbers being middle of the finger pushing), and the d-pad is finally fixed. So A+ for MS on the controller for me.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#7backdown1234Posted 2/12/2014 11:27:02 AM
I don't have the one yet but held the controller and didn't like the loose sticks. The ps4 and 360 are perfect and I have a converter that will let me use those.
---
GT: backdown448
#8assassin10133Posted 2/12/2014 11:39:12 AM
backdown1234 posted...
I don't have the one yet but held the controller and didn't like the loose sticks. The ps4 and 360 are perfect and I have a converter that will let me use those.

I have 2 XB1 controllers and neither of them have loose sticks, was it a demo unit you tried?

Biggest gripe I had was with the bumpers, had a lot of mis-presses when I first started using it cuz you have to press them on the outside portion of the button but now that I'm adjusted to it I like the controller more than the 360s. Battery life also seems better.
#9Reflex-ArcPosted 2/12/2014 11:50:30 AM
I quite like the controller. It fits my hands very well. All of the frequently used buttons are placed logically and comfortably. The sticks offer a level of precision above that of it's predecessor, and the rumble features provide very cool feedback when utilized well.

I'm not calling the 360 controller a slouch, it was great, but the XBO pad is a significant improvement.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#10PudgeisafishPosted 2/12/2014 11:53:34 AM
Troll_Directory posted...

The NES controller is the most uncomfortable controller I have ever used (a rectangle with square edged buttons!) but never once hurt my hands.

I agree with Directory, must be a medical condition.

PS4 and Xbox One controllers are the best yet. So comfy.