Halo. Gears. TitanFall. How is it MS sees the system sellers before they happen?

#1HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/12/2014 11:38:35 AM
Midi-chlorians?
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#2Kovalchuk_Posted 2/12/2014 11:39:37 AM
Shooters appeal to casual gamers and they are the biggest market.
---
3754-7115-0719
#3DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/12/2014 11:43:47 AM
I never understood how Gears was popular with its Atari Jaguar tank controls
---
Enslaved is the most under-appreciated game of the 7th generation.
#4lilj812Posted 2/12/2014 11:43:58 AM
Halo sure, but gears and titanfall aren't system sellers.

Gears of wars has been all downhill and the last one was really bad. Titanfall is also on 360 and pc so it won't move systems for the xbone. It would have to be exclusive for that.

And I mean exclusive to the console, not the company.

Those games will sell well though.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#5Dev445Posted 2/12/2014 11:48:49 AM
Well they all innovated the genre and each one has a dedicated fanbase. I like all 3 of those.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 11:54:16 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Midi-chlorians?
it must be. and somehow they got their force blood on me, because lately i've been able to move things around on their xbox with the wave of my hand, and command its actions just by the sound of my voice.
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 2/12/2014 12:00:26 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...

Shooters weren't the huge genre on consoles they are now when MS saw the potential in and cultivated Halo. GoldenEye did okay but that could easily be written off at the time as Nintendo/Rare voodoo that wouldn't be replicated. Medal of Honor did okay, but not better than plenty of other games in other genres. Console FPSs are the big deal they are now because of MS and Halo.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 2/12/2014 12:05:46 PM
Microsoft uses lethal pixie dust.

Source:NeoGaf
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#9BSerenityPosted 2/12/2014 12:05:51 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

Shooters weren't the huge genre on consoles they are now when MS saw the potential in and cultivated Halo. GoldenEye did okay but that could easily be written off at the time as Nintendo/Rare voodoo that wouldn't be replicated. Medal of Honor did okay, but not better than plenty of other games in other genres. Console FPSs are the big deal they are now because of ** BUNGIE ** and Halo.

---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10leelee3105Posted 2/12/2014 12:14:13 PM
BSerenity posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

Shooters weren't the huge genre on consoles they are now when MS saw the potential in and cultivated Halo. GoldenEye did okay but that could easily be written off at the time as Nintendo/Rare voodoo that wouldn't be replicated. Medal of Honor did okay, but not better than plenty of other games in other genres. Console FPSs are the big deal they are now because of ** BUNGIE ** and Halo.

MS paid the bill troll stop hating please
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!