Halo. Gears. TitanFall. How is it MS sees the system sellers before they happen?

#11SonyPonyTonyPosted 2/12/2014 11:17:05 AM
lilj812 posted...
Halo sure, but gears and titanfall aren't system sellers.

Gears of wars has been all downhill and the last one was really bad. Titanfall is also on 360 and pc so it won't move systems for the xbone. It would have to be exclusive for that.

And I mean exclusive to the console, not the company.

Those games will sell well though.

ITT, outselling the entire Uncharted series is "all downhill"

Dat salt!
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#12ILikeGamesManPosted 2/12/2014 11:20:09 AM
Trolls are already running in at full speed to tell us how Gears sucks and whatever else? That's awesome.

Every game that belongs to Microsoft sucks, right? No matter how good it may be? Sounds good. Oh and every Sony game in existence is amazing I assume?
#13BSerenityPosted 2/12/2014 12:16:43 PM
leelee3105 posted...
BSerenity posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Shooters appeal to casual gamers and they are the biggest market.

Shooters weren't the huge genre on consoles they are now when MS saw the potential in and cultivated Halo. GoldenEye did okay but that could easily be written off at the time as Nintendo/Rare voodoo that wouldn't be replicated. Medal of Honor did okay, but not better than plenty of other games in other genres. Console FPSs are the big deal they are now because of ** BUNGIE ** and Halo.

MS paid the bill troll stop hating please

I don't give a damn who paid the bill. Bungie put in the work for Halo not MS. No one is hating on Halo or it's success. I am not even hating on MS, so stop embarrassing yourself.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2014 12:20:29 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
Trolls are already running in at full speed to tell us how Gears sucks and whatever else? That's awesome.

Every game that belongs to Microsoft sucks, right? No matter how good it may be? Sounds good. Oh and every Sony game in existence is amazing I assume?

No, but Microsoft does not have the original developers of Halo, 343 messed up 4 so bad.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#15FourManSevenPosted 2/12/2014 12:23:56 PM
Titanfall isn't a system seller, since it's available on the Xbox 360 and PC as well. Might not be heavily advertised, but it's there. You have to remember, a lot of people wait a year before buying a newly launched console due to a lack of games. And when a game is available for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One, average consumer will buy it for the console they own (Most likely a Xbox 360)
Gears of War. Maybe a system seller. After Judgement though...I doubt it will sell systems
Halo. Many halo fans found Halo 4 to be a mediocre Call of Duty clone with a halo skin with vehicles. It is really the only system seller, due to Halo 1.
#16scoobydoobydontPosted 2/12/2014 2:49:37 PM
BSerenity posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Shooters appeal to casual gamers and they are the biggest market.

Shooters weren't the huge genre on consoles they are now when MS saw the potential in and cultivated Halo. GoldenEye did okay but that could easily be written off at the time as Nintendo/Rare voodoo that wouldn't be replicated. Medal of Honor did okay, but not better than plenty of other games in other genres. Console FPSs are the big deal they are now because of ** BUNGIE ** and Halo.

Halo wasn't **** until MS told them to make it a FPS and pumped money into it. And for that matter, Bungie is (so far) completely mediocre in its output except for Halo. Marathon, mediocre. Oni, mediocre. That other thing I forget the name of, I can't even remember it its so mediocre. MS made it, and Bungie itself, worth a ****. Don't be salty, dude.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#17teehee23Posted 2/12/2014 2:54:10 PM
Topic= We believe Microsoft is the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming. They know what gamers want and deliver better than the competition.
This statement is a fact.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#18gobuffalo30Posted 2/12/2014 3:09:35 PM(edited)
SonyPonyTony posted...
lilj812 posted...

Gears of wars has been all downhill and the last one was really bad. Titanfall is also on 360 and pc so it won't move systems for the xbone. It would have to be exclusive for that.

Dat salt!

This is why threads suck in this board. People just bringing up crap to bash others because they can't handle an opinion. It's funny how xbox fans typically bring sony into the conversations and then others xbox fans complain about it being fanboy wars.
#19mokmuudPosted 2/12/2014 3:18:37 PM
teehee23 posted...
Topic= We believe Microsoft is what killed true hardcore oldschool gaming. They have no clue what gamers want and deliver spin better than the competition.
This statement is a fact.

Fixed.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#20Exodus_PrimePosted 2/12/2014 3:23:31 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
lilj812 posted...

Dat salt!

This is why threads suck in this board. People just bringing up crap to bash others because they can't handle an opinion. It's funny how xbox fans typically bring sony into the conversations and then others xbox fans complain about it being fanboy wars.

Two things.

1: it's lilJ812 enough said

2: his opinions or anyones for that matter does not equal fact, like the Halo 4 hate and the fact that well the series alone outsold anything exclusive to the other side, that's not an opinion. But I do agree it should've never been brought it....but then again lilJ812 he deserves whatever he gets.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita