You understand why MS thought resolution didnt matter?

#150inchDLPPosted 2/12/2014 2:31:03 PM
Look at all the "mega selling games" last gen. it was COD , halo, gears, mario kart, etc. That showed the "people in charge" that resolution and cutting edge visuals were not needed because "gamers" were perfectly happy with COD looking the same for 7 years. Like it or not the numbers do not lie most gamers are happy with graphics 720p 60FPS or less. The Xbox one is more that powerful enough to win this generation. look what the PS2 did to the gamecube and xbox with much inferior specs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#2Juzten76Posted 2/12/2014 2:36:09 PM
Yeah, CoD didn't look the same for 7 years.
#3makaveliOKCPosted 2/12/2014 2:37:03 PM
Wrong on so many levels.
#4ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/12/2014 2:37:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5pwnater777Posted 2/12/2014 2:38:10 PM
So you're alright with paying $500 to play a console that has the same resolution as last gen?

And Titanfall runs natively in 792p, LOL.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#6MrImpatient35Posted 2/12/2014 2:38:43 PM
When people bring up the power of the X1, being inferior to PS4, I just think of how Nintendo Wii did last gen. With weaker specs, they still did amazingly well, even though I thought the system was a joke (and most of my friends agree). Then there's the whole price issue, with it being $100 more than PS4. Ok. That doesn't bother me much because I think of X1 as a multimedia device, while I think of PS4 as solely a gaming machine. If gaming is the sole purpose, and it's cheaper, I'm sure it would be more powerful, but I'm also sure that it wouldn't be able to do as much as the more expensive console.

If this analogy makes any sense, PS4 is like a regular cell phone, and X1 is like a smart phone. It does a lot more than make calls.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#7pjnelsonPosted 2/12/2014 2:39:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#850inchDLP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 2:50:31 PM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
For the first time ever you got a system that is considerably weaker, but being sold for $100 more. People are gonna ask "Why should I pay $100 more for the inferior Xbone?". And people who are informed, but only have enough money to buy one system are going to pay less for the one with superior hardware.

Microsoft totally blew it. They started out with the #dealwithit fiasco, that caused a negative black lash, and then they backed off the "always online", but it was too little too late. And then they have the audacity to release the Xbone at $100 more than the PS4, when its inferior hardware. This is why PS4s are flying off the shelves and why Walmart is having to do unofficial bundles just to move Xbone systems they probably had from release week.

Were you in diapers back then? The gamecube was 200 bucks and killed the ps2 in specs. I still got my recipt for my launch PS2 and it was 324 with tax. that means the underpowered ps2 cost 100 more than the gamecube. anything else to say thats wrong?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#9PudgeisafishPosted 2/12/2014 2:50:35 PM
pwnater777 posted...
So you're alright with paying $500 to play a console that has the same resolution as last gen?

Why not?

Paid $400 last gen for a system that lacked a Bluray drive, built in wireless receiver, HDMI input, and output for that matter, Kinect 2...

I'd rather play current next gen games too, then the ones that released for the 360's launch.

I'm not seeing anything bad here.
#10Juzten76Posted 2/12/2014 2:51:32 PM
pwnater777 posted...

I bought 6 generations of consoles all running at 480i. Since when did resolution mean next gen?