So...whats the benefit of getting an Xbone over a PC right now?

#51Juzten76Posted 2/13/2014 7:15:51 AM
The benefit of playing on a 55 inch TV with 7 channel surround sound while sitting comfortably on a couch using a controller and still getting to enjoy beautiful graphics at 60fps. I spent 20 years gaming on a PC and don't miss it one bit. Consoles offer a superior experience for me.
#52GeistPosted 2/13/2014 7:22:14 AM
- Costs less
- Not a pain to set up
- Couch comfort to the max
- Don't have to turn into a raving PC fanboy who everyone hates.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#53PorungaPosted 2/13/2014 7:24:59 AM
Juzten76 posted...
The benefit of playing on a 55 inch TV with 7 channel surround sound while sitting comfortably on a couch using a controller and still getting to enjoy beautiful graphics at 60fps. I spent 20 years gaming on a PC and don't miss it one bit. Consoles offer a superior experience for me.

You DO know you can do that with PC right?
#54BadLuckIncPosted 2/13/2014 7:29:33 AM
PharohofLaptops posted...
Have you guys been living under a rock? You already have the ability to play from your couch with a controller if you have a PC.

Not everyone can hook up their PC to their living room TV. Sure it's 100% possible, but giving some people keep their PC in their room with a desk or in their office, they don't want to truck the thing back and forth between rooms when it comes to work or pleasure.
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Unleash The Ultra Beast!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#55DarkReign2022Posted 2/13/2014 7:36:34 AM
I've tried PC gaming from my recliner and it was every sort of uncomfortable. Some games COULD utilize controllers just fine, but of the few good exclusives PC has to offer, most of them would be impossible to play on a controller. Too many buttons that couldn't be mapped and game is built with the speed and precision of a mouse in mind. Civilization 5 is impossible to play with a controller. Hell, Deus Ex is impossible to play with a controller even.

At any rate, PC's are an on-going expense while game consoles are a long-term investment. PCs will always push for cutting edge and that means the hardware demands of games will continually grow year after year, requiring you to upgrade to keep up with. Console gaming is a sacrifice of graphical power in favor of providing a machine that is guaranteed to smoothly run every game you purchase without fear of it not handling properly. And as is commonly accepted, PC gaming is effectively on the brink of death and consoles get the majority of the exclusives worth playing. Outside of a couple genres like Simulation and RTS, consoles always get the better games. Even MMOs, as the genre has begun to die off, are starting to make their console presence known.
#56Juzten76Posted 2/13/2014 7:39:28 AM
Porunga posted...
Juzten76 posted...

You DO know you can do that with PC right?

Yep.
#57DvoloS88Posted 2/15/2014 7:53:54 AM
XeedyofNamzy posted...
- XB1 has a much smaller library of games

- Doesn't even have BC

- PC's multi media features are superior to that of an XB1. Can use any APP I want without being restricted

- PC users don't to pay to play online via subscription base or even use other apps like XB live

- Steam deals and cheaper games

-1080P 60FPS for games.

PC has a larger library of exclusives, and the better multi platform games. Along with a better browser, and play a vast library of games from other systems as well. So at this point, any real sense of getting an XB1 over building a good gaming PC?

You must lack commonsense, if anyone wants a Pc that can play games such as bf4 at max/ultra settings your going to pay AT LEAST double that of an xbox one...
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#58DaLaggaPosted 2/15/2014 9:21:51 AM(edited)
Pulp posted...
PC gamers are just scared. They get less big name games every year. Piracy and more consumer-friendly platforms have nearly destroyed the entire PC gaming market.

Actually, the opposite is true. PC software sales continue to skyrocket and are projected to exceed $25 billion this year. Meanwhile, software sales for console have been plummeting for the past 4 years and are still down year over year even after the launch of the PS4/Xbone. In short, console gaming is dying while PC gaming is more popular than it has ever been with software sales that easily exceed those of all consoles combined.

Don't believe me? Here's a chart from 2012 and the situation has only gotten worse for consoles and better for the PC. Kind of ironic that after years of people saying that PC gaming is dying that it is actually console gaming that is dying.

http://pcgamingalliance.org/assets/uploads/resources/Slide1.PNG

DvoloS88 posted...
You must lack commonsense, if anyone wants a Pc that can play games such as bf4 at max/ultra settings your going to pay AT LEAST double that of an xbox one...

Are you kidding me? Do you even realize just how weak the Xbone is? I've got a video card that is more than 5 years old that is faster than the piece of crap in the Xbone (no joke). In fact, one of the Steambox models is $500 and has specs that are much better than the bone or even PS4 for that matter. You could easily throw together a complete system for around that price that would stomp the Xbone into the ground. And yes, it would run BF4 dramatically better than the Xbone which only manages high (not ultra) settings at a pitiful 720p resolution with constant framerate drops.

On top of that, the Xbone isn't $500. That may be the cost of the box, but you seem to be forgetting that nice monthly fee that will easily add up to hundreds of dollars over the lifespan of the console. So the lifetime cost of the system and the ability to play online is going to run you at least $800. Not so cheap now, is it? Not to mention the fact that games and accessories cost a hell of a lot more on the Xbone.
#59carljenkPosted 2/15/2014 9:20:37 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
What's the benefit of getting a ps4 over a PC right now

Actual exclusive content that isn't going to the PC.
#60DaLaggaPosted 2/15/2014 9:22:21 AM
carljenk posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
What's the benefit of getting a ps4 over a PC right now

Actual exclusive content that isn't going to the PC.

The PC gets dramatically more exclusive content than any console.