Possibility of Steam-like Sales on Xbox dead in the water? Holtman leaves MS

#1HiddenRoarPosted 2/12/2014 8:19:22 PM
"Microsoft Studio's head of PC gaming division and strategy Jason Holtman has left the company after less than 12 months in the position. Holtman first joined Microsoft midway through last year, after departing from his position as director of business development at Valve.

Holtman's contributions at Valve include his work on shaping digital distribution platform Steam into what it is today. He left Valve amidst a round of layoffs that the organisation enacted in February last year."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-valve-director-leaves-microsoft-after-less-than-12-months/1100-6417702/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

http://i.imgur.com/Vg656sG.jpg
#2SaQu1BPosted 2/12/2014 8:20:42 PM
Let the traitor leave. Live has decent sales anyway.. no need to copy Steam.
#3bessy67Posted 2/12/2014 8:24:28 PM(edited)
The console has only been out for ~4 months and we've already had digital sales on Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon, Lococycle and Madden. Plus the 360 digital sales have been really good the last couple of months.

Also the guy was head of the PC gaming division and therefore had jack squat to do with consoles anyways.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4snowboard340Posted 2/12/2014 8:33:19 PM
The head of the pc division leaves. Xbox is doomed!
#5Lerp85Posted 2/12/2014 8:39:58 PM(edited)
SaQu1B posted...

What deals are on the one? Also sales on games isn't what this is about it's about digital games beaing cheaper than retail.

The other poster doesn't have good reading comprehension.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6Bac0n01Posted 2/12/2014 8:46:10 PM
SaQu1B posted...

They should copy Steam, because Steam has awesome sales. I've had a 360 since launch, and I can count the number of things I've bought during digital sales on one hand (2 fingers in fact- Bioshock for $5 and The Orange Box for $10).
---
GT: bac0n01
PSN: The_Crispy_Bacon
#7embrandedonePosted 2/13/2014 4:45:24 PM
So....apparently Xbox Live was nothing like Steam?
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#8TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 2/13/2014 7:50:50 PM
Bac0n01 posted...
SaQu1B posted...

They should copy Steam, because Steam has awesome sales. I've had a 360 since launch, and I can count the number of things I've bought during digital sales on one hand (2 fingers in fact- Bioshock for $5 and The Orange Box for $10).

What do the number of things you bought have anything to do with the number of sales Live has in total? Live has plenty of sales for good games quite often and the fact that you only partook in two of those means nothing.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#9Lerp85Posted 2/13/2014 10:20:04 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
Bac0n01 posted...
SaQu1B posted...

What do the number of things you bought have anything to do with the number of sales Live has in total? Live has plenty of sales for good games quite often and the fact that you only partook in two of those means nothing.

Microsoft can't hold a candle to what steam does. They sell games cheaper to start an offer sales and discounts on major titles long before price drops. I don't play PC games and I know this. Just because YOU think ms don't need to do any more means nothing.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#10ThunderPotatoPosted 2/13/2014 10:46:13 PM
SaQu1B posted...

The only reason Live has sales now is because of him. They already copied Steam, just with significantly less savings to be had.
---
Even Microsoft's investors want the Xbox gone.