Comcast will kill digital distribution on the One and PS4!

#1tonysparksPosted 2/12/2014 9:01:03 PM
Comcast has a limit of 300gb per month it will cost you extra if you go over. With the size of next gen games and updates, 300gb isn't enough. Let's not forget the folks who watch Hulu, Netflix, or any other streaming service. As a Time Warner guy I would have just blew the Comcast limit off but Comcast is about to take over Time Warner

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/report-comcast-to-buy-all-of-time-warner-cable-1201100899/
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#2Foxx3kPosted 2/12/2014 9:04:00 PM
I have heard far better things about Comcast than I have TWC.

And in the two areas I've lived with Comcast - Salt Lake City and Boston - both areas had the cap "inactive."

I'm not trying to say that Comcast is a good company - they're not.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3AceviperPosted 2/12/2014 9:07:02 PM
Comcast is a terrible terrible service...

might be an upgrade over time warner
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#4jim200Posted 2/12/2014 9:07:18 PM
I'm sure you are severely misinformed. If you want a higher limit, consider paying more for what you use more:

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-what-are-the-different-plans-launching/
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: Gamertag: JemiBitti200 ::: NNID: Jemi200
3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#5tonysparks(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 9:13:38 PM
jim200 posted...
I'm sure you are severely misinformed. If you want a higher limit, consider paying more for what you use more:

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-what-are-the-different-plans-launching/

my current unlimited beats limited any way you slice it. No matter what package you get you have to worry about paying more if you go over. No good would come to gamers with a cap
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/12/2014 9:15:09 PM
Foxx3k posted...

And in the two areas I've lived with Comcast - Salt Lake City and Boston - both areas had the cap "inactive."

maybe i'm an outlier, but i've had very good service with twc for several years. their internet service has been fantastic. i've had 50mb down for almost 4 years, with 100mb on the way very soon. those sorts of speeds 4 years ago were unheard of in a residence. their tv service hasn't been flawless, but i've rarely had any problems overall.
#7plus1zeroPosted 2/12/2014 9:16:22 PM
I have been using Netflix and downloading a lot, last month I only used 116GB.

300GB is a lot unless you download a ton of stuff. Plus you get 3 times a year forgiveness before you even have to pay.
#8AceviperPosted 2/12/2014 9:22:59 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
Foxx3k posted...

maybe i'm an outlier, but i've had very good service with twc for several years. their internet service has been fantastic. i've had 50mb down for almost 4 years, with 100mb on the way very soon. those sorts of speeds 4 years ago were unheard of in a residence. their tv service hasn't been flawless, but i've rarely had any problems overall.

when I had twc... my experience with them was, to put it lightly, not good.

at least once a week, the service goes down for around 8 hours. (once being the rarest of rare cases, usually around 3 times a week). Really frustrating when it happens around paper or project online submission deadlines. Have to go out of my way to find a place that isn't using them (when they pretty much have the monopoly in the area, which might be the reason for the **** service we received)

I get a lot of dropped connections because the service decides to randomly die for a minute or two in the entire area (pretty easy to tell in an university environment)
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2014 9:30:36 PM
Ouch, Comcast gonna get the cloud also, with all those processes being handled, that's a lot of data. Gonna eat that 300GB for Breakfast.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#10jim200Posted 2/12/2014 9:33:22 PM
tonysparks posted...
jim200 posted...

my current unlimited beats limited any way you slice it. No matter what package you get you have to worry about paying more if you go over. No good would come to gamers with a cap

So do you have 105Mbps and use over 600GBs a month without any speed hiccups or downtime? Because I get neither and my speed is always there and even when I download movies from their on demand (some are like 15GB) or PS4/Xbox One I still don't even reach 500GB a month.

But I do know that unlimited is better. But I doubt you get the same quality of service and same or better speed unlimited. Could be wrong.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: Gamertag: JemiBitti200 ::: NNID: Jemi200
3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi