What all do I need for an Xbox One purchase?

#1DarkReign2022Posted 2/12/2014 9:54:14 PM
I'm digging around on Amazon right now trying to get an idea of what I'll need and how much it's going to cost me. So far I have the console itself, a Plug N' Play kit to avoid needing batteries, and a Polk Audio 4Shot headset that should be on the market by time I commit to the purchase, but I'm not seeing anything else. Games excluded, is there anything else you guys can think of that will make the next-gen transition go smooth?
#2Lawboy2Posted 2/12/2014 9:55:07 PM
The titanfall controller
#3avanentPosted 2/12/2014 9:57:27 PM
DarkReign2022 posted...
I'm digging around on Amazon right now trying to get an idea of what I'll need and how much it's going to cost me. So far I have the console itself, a Plug N' Play kit to avoid needing batteries, and a Polk Audio 4Shot headset that should be on the market by time I commit to the purchase, but I'm not seeing anything else. Games excluded, is there anything else you guys can think of that will make the next-gen transition go smooth?

Do you prefer to buy xbox Iive cards, or do it directly through msft?
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2014 9:57:50 PM
extended warranty, it is an Microsoft piece of hardware.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#5PominAusPosted 2/12/2014 9:58:45 PM
DarkReign2022 posted...

TV mount for Kinect is a good idea if you plan on using it and want the best results.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/12/2014 9:59:54 PM
PominAus posted...
DarkReign2022 posted...

TV mount for Kinect is a good idea if you plan on using it and want the best results.

The mount is almost required, when I had my Xbone, the Kinect being placed on the bottom stand of my TV unit (Stand with a rod going up to hold the TV, similar to wallmount, but not quite).. it was really too low to register movements that well..
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#7theSpiccoliPosted 2/12/2014 10:01:43 PM
If you can, try and snag a Day One 12 month Live card. You get a bonus character for KI, plus when I got mine it was only 39.99 which was a great deal.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#8DarkReign2022(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 10:27:23 PM
I'm auto-subscribed to Xbox Live Gold on my 360 now and it just renewed a couple months ago, so I'll likely just stick with that.

How's the new Kinect compared to the original weight-wise? On the 360 my Kinect sat on top of my TV without an issue, but if the new one is heavier or differently proportioned , a mount might be useful.

Speaking of Kinect, how's it's detection range and it's ability to read players sitting down? I had space constraints with the 360, so I ended up using the Nyko Zoom and moving furniture was a nuisance, so I generally ended up just keeping it for the voice controls.
#9theSpiccoliPosted 2/12/2014 10:33:12 PM
DarkReign2022 posted...
I'm auto-subscribed to Xbox Live Gold on my 360 now and it just renewed a couple months ago, so I'll likely just stick with that.

How's the new Kinect compared to the original weight-wise? On the 360 my Kinect sat on top of my TV without an issue, but if the new one is heavier or differently proportioned , a mount might be useful.

Speaking of Kinect, how's it's detection range and it's ability to read players sitting down? I had space constraints with the 360, so I ended up using the Nyko Zoom and moving furniture was a nuisance, so I generally ended up just keeping it for the voice controls.

I think the new kinect weighs about twice as much as the originial, which itself was 3 lbs (I think!). The base of the new one is as long as the sensor itself though, as opposed to the little tripod thingy that was on the original. Also, there is no motor in the new one.

For more stats like range and all that, check this out:

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2013/02/20/microsofts-kinect-2-0-specifications-allegedly-leak-1920x1080-color-stream-60ms-latency-and-usb-3-0/#!vy7cJ
---
GT-TheSpiccoli