YR: Microsoft buys Capcom

#1Second_HokagePosted 2/12/2014 10:32:33 PM
Do you welcome this or are you pissed?
#2ZEROthefirstPosted 2/12/2014 10:36:09 PM(edited)
Microsoft would essentially kill Capcom off by doing this, because let's face it aside from Dead Rising and Resident Evil what other franchises of theirs even does that well on Microsoft platforms? Not saying Resident Evil is good anymore, especially after 5&6, but sales-wise they do well.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#3MJFJDPosted 2/12/2014 10:36:35 PM
I know Nintendo would be pissed
#4theSpiccoliPosted 2/12/2014 10:36:45 PM
ZEROthefirst posted...
Microsoft would essentially kill Capcom off by doing this, because let's face it aside from Dead Rising and Resident Evil what other franchises of theirs even does that well on Microsoft platforms? Not saying Resident Evil is good anymore, especially after 5&6, but sales-wise they do well.

I would guess that Street Fighter isn't doing too bad.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#5ZEROthefirstPosted 2/12/2014 10:38:19 PM
theSpiccoli posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...

It's not doing too bad, but with the umpteenth iteration of ST4 sales for the game has dropped quite a bit.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#6theSpiccoliPosted 2/12/2014 10:40:23 PM
ZEROthefirst posted...
theSpiccoli posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...

It's not doing too bad, but with the umpteenth iteration of ST4 sales for the game has dropped quite a bit.

Good point.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#7Bryant187Posted 2/12/2014 10:41:15 PM
Sony would most likely be pissed, since Capcom and them are making Deep Down.
---
GT - Rizriel
#8DarkReign2022Posted 2/12/2014 10:51:01 PM
Meh. Capcom has a ton of underdog franchises that I would love to see resurface. I believe we're ready to move on from the Zombie obsession of the 7th generation and it's time to find a new fad. Given the level of easter eggs in Battlefield (and the demand for the oft-hinted gametype) and Primal Carnage coming to the PS4, I think we could be heading into an age of the Dinosaur (If not Dinosaurs specifically, than Kaiju/Giant Monsters for sure. We have the awesome Pacific Rim movie last year and the upcoming Godzilla and Jurassic World movies plus whatever they can think to throw at us in Avatar 2.) Now would be a great time to revive and reboot the Dino Crisis franchise I think. Give it a much needed RE4-esque overhaul and restore some of the greatness that the first two DC games had (and the 3rd missed horribly)

On top of that, you still have other small licenses with potential like Killer7, P.N.03, Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma, Remember Me, Steel Battalion, Dark Void, and Onimusha.

I don't think every franchise should be put under a single belt though, especially Microsoft since everything WOULD no doubt be buried beneath Resident Evil and Dead Rising focus exclusively. The licenses need to be divvied up with franchises like Mega Man going to Nintendo, Street Fighter going to a developer within 2K (I don't think they have any fighting franchises come to think of it.) Devil May Cry could go to Sony, MS would obviously nab RE and DR. So on and so forth. I think it's high time Capcom just went out of business and divided it's assets for the good of everybody.
#9DarkReign2022Posted 2/12/2014 10:51:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10ThePaleRiderpPosted 2/12/2014 10:55:52 PM
Is this even possible? I thought part of Japanese law was that foreign companies couldn't buy theirs. I mean if Capcom does ever go up for grabs it's main buyers would probably be Sony or Nintendo. Correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Oh Timmy, I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyway!