Disc drive number 2 just went out! Never been this frustrated with a purchase!

#1XXXRiceWVXXXPosted 2/13/2014 6:38:33 AM
MS sent me a new X1 about a week ago, just got the hold taken off my card yesterday. Now the replacement console just started doing the same thing. What causes this to happen? Is the laser weak or are the drives just drunk. Kinda upset that they sent me one that's doing it again.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#2XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:41:02 AM
This one isn't completely out, but I had to insert Dead Rising 3 over 15 times to get it to finally read the disc.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#3desert_santaPosted 2/13/2014 6:55:08 AM
Ouch, reminds me of my 360 days in 2008.
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/13/2014 7:04:26 AM
I dunno, but I would take full advantage of this and contact them, to raise much, much hell and to try and suck every bit of free item from them

I believe for this one person, he got a new Xbone, extra controller and like 3 games
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#5ironbruPosted 2/13/2014 7:05:12 AM
I had the same problem with the original Xbox, went through 5 consoles with faulty disc drives before I finally got one that worked and still does work. I had the same problem with the 360 too, as well as RROD. My slim 360 has given me no problems at all though. I have always had problems with Microsoft hardware, at least within the first 3 years of them being on the market. They just seem to be designed and built like complete crap from my experience until a revision (like the slim 360) comes out.
---
Current Playing: USA import of Tales Of Legendia (PS2).
#6TheGam3925Posted 2/13/2014 7:07:44 AM
MS didn't send you a new console, they sent you a refurb. You started with a new console but it broke and MS sent you a refurb that broke.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#7RaRitsujunPosted 2/13/2014 7:08:11 AM
ironbru posted...
I had the same problem with the original Xbox, went through 5 consoles with faulty disc drives before I finally got one that worked and still does work. I had the same problem with the 360 too, as well as RROD. My slim 360 has given me no problems at all though. I have always had problems with Microsoft hardware, at least within the first 3 years of them being on the market. They just seem to be designed and built like complete crap from my experience until a revision (like the slim 360) comes out.

So true.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#8Mr_KillstreakPosted 2/13/2014 7:11:04 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
MS didn't send you a new console, they sent you a refurb. You started with a new console but it broke and MS sent you a refurb that broke.

This, so much. Write down the serial number of your Xbox before sending it in next time, guaranteed you do not get the same one back.

Sad and douchey but that's what they do.
#9XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 7:19:16 AM
Definitely irritating, as soon as I heard the grind again I just dropped my head and laughed.
---
#10GeistPosted 2/13/2014 7:19:38 AM
Ummm... a week ago you said DR3 was crap and you would never put it in again.Then said you sold both your Xbox One and DR3...
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!