Disc drive number 2 just went out! Never been this frustrated with a purchase!

#11NakedSnake1986Posted 2/13/2014 6:20:35 AM(edited)
This is why I will never buy another MS product again. I went through 6 or 7 360's (4 of which I returned to a retail store within the receipt date) and 3 RRODs (which I thankfully had a warranty covered by a 3rd party). My current 360 I had since February 2009, which was when the fat white consoles had a new motherboard put in them that made them RROD proof. So my advice would be to wait 4 years till Xbones are failure free. PS4s aren't any better.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#12ILikeGamesManPosted 2/13/2014 6:22:13 AM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
PS4s aren't any better.

Yeah my first PS4 bit the dust on me, but I was able to get it fixed quickly. No problems with the X1 yet, but my fingers are crossed.
#13axelfooley2k5Posted 2/13/2014 6:24:40 AM
ironbru posted...
I had the same problem with the original Xbox, went through 5 consoles with faulty disc drives before I finally got one that worked and still does work. I had the same problem with the 360 too, as well as RROD. My slim 360 has given me no problems at all though. I have always had problems with Microsoft hardware, at least within the first 3 years of them being on the market. They just seem to be designed and built like complete crap from my experience until a revision (like the slim 360) comes out.

seems the case

i will wait for some type of revision and let the early adopters be the testers on microsoft consoles

i had 3 360s......the 360 s black has been a major improvement over the garbage they released in the begining

i have a ps4 and am a little worried about those fans going full blaze after 1 hour of play

buying early is tempting but has downfalls
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#14XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:49:03 AM
Geist posted...
Ummm... a week ago you said DR3 was crap and you would never put it in again.Then said you sold both your Xbox One and DR3...

Nice try son, I said the expansions were garbage. You either have a terrible memory or are the biggest story teller I've ever seen. Try again troll.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#15XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:50:59 AM
No one is going to believe this, but in all honesty I still have a white launch 360 that runs flawless. It belongs to my niece now, it's never been repaired still the original in every way.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 2/13/2014 6:55:38 AM
Geist posted...
Ummm... a week ago you said DR3 was crap and you would never put it in again.Then said you sold both your Xbox One and DR3...

Uh oh! caught trolll handed.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#17MajorPoopStormPosted 2/13/2014 6:56:30 AM
Predator virus FTW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92KjJsntxGY
---
"You're talking to my PS4 console all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with your kinect."
Kazuo Hirai
#18XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:59:18 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Geist posted...

Actually he has no clue WTF he is talking about. Search my posts $50 to the person that finds where I said I was selling my X1 and DR3.
---
#19TheGam3925Posted 2/13/2014 9:33:09 AM
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Geist posted...

Actually he has no clue WTF he is talking about. Search my posts $50 to the person that finds where I said I was selling my X1 and DR3.

Not gonna happen. It's just easier for fanboys to call you a troll when your Xbox breaks in an attempt to escape reality.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.