NY Times: X1 or PS4

#1Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 2/13/2014 8:49:41 AM
Sorry if old.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/technology/personaltech/review-the-xbox-one-versus-the-playstation-4.html?referrer=
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#2Getstew2Posted 2/13/2014 8:54:47 AM
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Her experience was mine also.
---
Stew
Total Babble Podcast
#3bessy67Posted 2/13/2014 8:56:58 AM
Whenever I see people complaining about voice commands or the UI I honestly wonder if they are talking about the same console that I have. That stuff works so well for me.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4Spanish_Fly1Posted 2/13/2014 8:57:32 AM
Good read, I think most consumers are betterthsyf just waiting a year or so. Let the consoles work out their gremlins.

Also, I can't take this guy seriously if he thinks that console market is eventually going to br overran by the cell phone/tablet market. I think consoles will be top dog for quite a while,.as evident by how much each console is selling.
---
Day one, or two X-box-one owner RIP Zipper
MS: back to back console war winners.
#5Juzten76Posted 2/13/2014 9:03:04 AM
When I think gaming, I think NY Times.
#6Mvsevm_of_Skin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 9:06:07 AM
Juzten76 posted...
When I think gaming, I think NY Times.

To be fair, almost every media outlet in existence have opinion pieces about anything and everything.

Heck, even ESPN has GrantLand, which has a dozen takes on HBO's True Detective.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#7ILikeGamesManPosted 2/13/2014 9:10:37 AM
Unfortunately me and the NY times disagree on this one. The family and I play the X1 constantly and the PS4 just sits there. Its great that they decided to write an article about gaming and try and make themselves relevant to us, but I totally disagree with almost everything they said.
#8CKnightPosted 2/13/2014 9:17:28 AM
It took him 2 days to get it all set up?

I had everything set up in under 30 minutes and most of the time was spent downloading/updating the games I bought which took around 2 hours.
---
XBL and PSN - CKnight082
#9realyoshdawgPosted 2/13/2014 9:22:13 AM
Was this a comparison article or just a post on how horrible the Xbox One is?

My favorite part: "I spent hours setting up the Xbox One." Really!? HOURS!? I turned it on, signed in with my Live account, loaded my gamertag, and then calibrated Kinect and I was done.
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
#10DvoloS88Posted 2/13/2014 9:40:37 AM
realyoshdawg posted...
Was this a comparison article or just a post on how horrible the Xbox One is?

My favorite part: "I spent hours setting up the Xbox One." Really!? HOURS!? I turned it on, signed in with my Live account, loaded my gamertag, and then calibrated Kinect and I was done.

My xbox one was set up and working in under 20 minutes. People like that are the reason x1 is looked at so negatively, seriously I don't understand...
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...