NY Times: X1 or PS4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. NY Times: X1 or PS4

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
2 years ago#1
Sorry if old.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/technology/personaltech/review-the-xbox-one-versus-the-playstation-4.html?referrer=
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!

User Info: Getstew2

Getstew2
2 years ago#2
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Her experience was mine also.
Stew
Total Babble Podcast

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
2 years ago#3
Whenever I see people complaining about voice commands or the UI I honestly wonder if they are talking about the same console that I have. That stuff works so well for me.
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: Spanish_Fly1

Spanish_Fly1
2 years ago#4
Good read, I think most consumers are betterthsyf just waiting a year or so. Let the consoles work out their gremlins.

Also, I can't take this guy seriously if he thinks that console market is eventually going to br overran by the cell phone/tablet market. I think consoles will be top dog for quite a while,.as evident by how much each console is selling.
Day one, or two X-box-one owner RIP Zipper
MS: back to back console war winners.

User Info: Juzten76

Juzten76
2 years ago#5
When I think gaming, I think NY Times.

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
2 years ago#6
Juzten76 posted...
When I think gaming, I think NY Times.

To be fair, almost every media outlet in existence have opinion pieces about anything and everything.

Heck, even ESPN has GrantLand, which has a dozen takes on HBO's True Detective.
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!

User Info: ILikeGamesMan

ILikeGamesMan
2 years ago#7
Unfortunately me and the NY times disagree on this one. The family and I play the X1 constantly and the PS4 just sits there. Its great that they decided to write an article about gaming and try and make themselves relevant to us, but I totally disagree with almost everything they said.

User Info: CKnight

CKnight
2 years ago#8
It took him 2 days to get it all set up?

I had everything set up in under 30 minutes and most of the time was spent downloading/updating the games I bought which took around 2 hours.
XBL and PSN - CKnight082

User Info: realyoshdawg

realyoshdawg
2 years ago#9
Was this a comparison article or just a post on how horrible the Xbox One is?

My favorite part: "I spent hours setting up the Xbox One." Really!? HOURS!? I turned it on, signed in with my Live account, loaded my gamertag, and then calibrated Kinect and I was done.
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
2 years ago#10
realyoshdawg posted...
Was this a comparison article or just a post on how horrible the Xbox One is?

My favorite part: "I spent hours setting up the Xbox One." Really!? HOURS!? I turned it on, signed in with my Live account, loaded my gamertag, and then calibrated Kinect and I was done.

My xbox one was set up and working in under 20 minutes. People like that are the reason x1 is looked at so negatively, seriously I don't understand...
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. NY Times: X1 or PS4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived